Thursday, May 26, 2011


Just a quick post today before I head to the airport. All the storms moving through north of here last night were freaking me out because I'll have to fly through them if they don't move on quickly. I also don't want to miss my connection. However, none of the rain fell on us.

Tuesday was a long day. After our walk, I came home to get the house ready for Canasta company and then dressed in my uniform to work at the thrift store. I tried working four hours there the first time but the constant bending, pulling clothes out of bags, got to my back so now I just do two hours. It went by quickly and I left for the grocery store.

Herein lies half my weight problem. We are always playing Canasta, bunco, attending Continental Breakfast, Wind Down, Wine Tasting, Dining Out or some other activity. The common denominator here is FOOD! Most of the girls were going for pizza right before they came here so I didn't overdo it. Ted will be happy that a few more bottles of the Shiner Bock are gone! His sister really liked it so Ted bought it when she was down. I'm taking what's left with us in the RV to give to her this summer.

I had decent enough cards but not good enough to win. It was a fun night with just 8 playing. This is a very casual group of close friends who do it because we want to get together with each other, not just get out for an evening.

Yesterday I walked with Gerre. Then I went to the dentist for my cleaning. I dropped off a prescription refill at Wal-Mart and took four watches to the Battery Place to have new batteries put in all of them. Every one of them stopped working about the same time. I was down to one watch that was working. Now that I think about it, since I had them all replaced at the same time, it's going to happen again down the road.

I did a quick load of laundry and got my things all together to pack. I had a hard time getting seat assignments on today's flights but finally yesterday afternoon I was able to. I was not going to the airport without a seat assignment. That makes you ripe for getting bumped and I certainly didn't want that.

I headed over to the country club for Susan's last Happy Hour. She is leaving June 3 so I hope to see her one more time after I return. They will be getting packed and loaded June 2 and 3 and I get back June 1 so we'll have to make it happen quickly.

She's been a great friend and I'm going to miss her like crazy. She was the glue that held us all together. I wish her all the best in her new home in Atlanta.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Thanks for the memory
Of things I can’t forget
The first day we ever met,
Our trips to shop and debt
we hid on cards and yet
How lucky I was

No comments: