Thursday, May 12, 2011

It's Raining, Halleluah!

Well, Obama wouldn't declare our wild fires a disaster so we get no relief. Gov. Perry called for a day of prayer ... and it is raining measurably for the first time since February I think. So there Mr. O who didn't give Houston a space shuttle even though the first word on the moon was HOUSTON, the Eagle has landed and when they were in trouble was HOUSTON, we have a problem! Had to get that off my chest.

I walked Monday with Gerre. We're going a half hour earlier because it is heating up down here. Then I played Canasta and most of us were all in the middle within a couple hundred points. We play for $1 so you never win or lose much. We went to Sweet Tomatoes later with Jay and Stella to say goodbye because they took off today for up north. We hope to spend a week with them over the 4th in Michigan but RV plans are as slippery as a snake and you just never know exactly where you are going to end up. But that's part of the fun.

Since Gerre is no longer working part time we can walk any day so we decided to walk again Tuesday. While doing so we decided to see There Be Dragons and go to dinner since her husband was gone and Ted was going to his shooting league that includes grilling out for their dinner. I liked the movie but it is going to be enjoyed by students of history and the church. It is about the life of the priest who started Opus Dei which was featured in the Da Vinci Code. Until then, most people never heard of this organization. I have to admit I know little about it. Gerre and I both think you would need to see it a second time or read the book to get the most out of it.

Yesterday Ted left for Dallas so I ran a few errands and then went to the country club for Happy Hour. There was a small group and we stayed for dinner. I forgot to set the DVR for Survivor so I had to poll on Facebook to find out what happened. I can catch it on Xfinity On Demand once it gets put up there. I can't get used to it being on Wednesday instead of Thursday. I'm a creature of habit.

Today was our lunch at the new Dragonfly Cafe. The ladies loved the decor and shopping associated with the restaurant. I liked my food and I heard good and so-so remarks. Well it wasn't Mexican and it wasn't BBQ. You have to venture out of your comfort zone now and then. I stopped at the embroidery store next door to pick up the pink apron I bought Morgan from Williams-Sonoma. I had her name put across the top above the cupcakes that were already embroidered on the apron. It is part of her birthday present. It turned out really cute. She loves to help her Mama cook and always wants an apron. Now she'll have her own.

I stopped to shop a little on the way home and when I came out it was raining a good hard rain. How wonderful. God holds us in the palm of his hand with our need for the barest necessities. I hope it continues through today and tomorrow as predicted. Saturday is supposed to be dry but cooler ... just in time for our 3K walk!

And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” G. K. Chesterton

No comments: