Friday, May 13, 2011

The Blog Went Down

You may have caught my last post where I went into a little rant about not getting a space shuttle here in Houston, but then maybe not. The blog went down and the last thing I posted went away ... apparently for good, because now it is fixed and that post is still gone! So are my friends' postings on their blogs. So now I have to remember what I've done this past week and believe me, the older I get, the harder this is getting to be.

I played Canasta on Monday afternoon but didn't win. Most of us were all in the middle with 24,000 and change, just a few hundred points separating us. The big winner had 26,000. But Ted did manage to connect with Pat and Richard and was able to pick up the smoker. This will be an adventure learning how to cook in it. I have a 10# turkey in the freezer and that is going to be our first victim.

Late that afternoon we met Jay & Stella at Sweet Tomatoes for a going away dinner. They left yesterday, heading to Indiana. We compared summer schedules and really hope we can spend the week of the 4th with them in Michigan. On paper it looks like it will happen; real life is another matter. We'll just have to wait and see.

Gerre is no longer working part time at her church so we can walk whatever days we want. So we walked on Tuesday. During that time we decided to see the movie There Be Dragons that they talked about at church. Since her husband was gone and Ted was grilling out at the gun club with his shooting league, we added dinner to the plan. The movie is about the priest who founded Opus Dei. This organization played a part in The Da Vinci Code and was not well known before that. I had to research it a bit before the movie to help me understand. There is a lot of the Spanish civil war involved but we both enjoyed it. We stopped for a bite and I arrived home after Ted.

Ted left for Dallas on Wednesday so I took the opportunity to return something to Marshall's. I hate trying on clothes so I just buy stuff, take it home to try on, then take what doesn't fit back. Very inefficient but since I don't shop real often, it's not too bad. From there I went to Happy Hour where just a half dozen of us met but we all stayed for dinner. I forgot to set the DVR for Survivor and had to wait until the next day to see it On Demand on Xfinity. I'm realizing I don't really need a DVR because the shows I tape are all available now On Demand at no charge and are there for a month. If I don't watch something in that month time period, I probably am not all that interested in it in the first place.

I was the hostess for our neighborhood luncheon and I chose a new restaurant out west of town. It has a boutique and salon attached to it and is decorated very cute. I enjoyed my lunch and I think most of the others did too. I heard a so-so comment but you can't please everyone all the time. I stopped to get some baby presents for showers I will be attending in Cincinnati and when I came out {drumroll!}, it was raining, for the first time since February. What a welcome sight. We didn't get near enough to make a dent in the drought but it was a welcome relief. Ted was still gone so I spent the evening catching up on things.

Gerre and I walked this morning and Ted is due back this afternoon. We have no plans for tonight but tomorrow is the 3K walk for the YMCA and tomorrow night is Couples' Canasta. And then another week begins.

Let's hope this blog stays. That is the first time there has been a problem with Blogspot that I know of and I've used it for a couple years.

Time flies. It's up to you to be the navigator. ~ Robert Orben

No comments: