Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Another Low Key Day

I didn't sleep well so once I got to sleep I didn't get up until 10:30.  It was after 12:30 before I stuck my nose out.  The lady across from us called out to me so I went over and visited with her for awhile.  They are from Connecticut, stay in Michigan for two months each year and always use casino campgrounds!  She said they go to the casino each day because there are incentives to get on your card.  They aren't high rollers, just a few dollars here and there.  To each his own.

Once the four of us got together we decided to go to the Bargain Barn we keep passing.  Ted bought a few things including a grater and funnel for me because I had needed both this trip and had neither.  Now I do.

Eileen decided we needed to go to House of Flavors ice cream parlor since we hadn't stopped there yet either.  We finished off our afternoon walking along the riverwalk and looking at the beautiful boats docked in the municipal marina on the Platt River.

Our ice cream cones pushed dinner back to almost 7:00.  Ted used our Cherry BBQ sauce and grilled chicken breasts.  I sliced tomatoes, made sweet/sour cucumbers, green beans and alfredo noodles.  Eileen baked corn muffins.  We are eating well.

Since it was the finale of the Bachelorette we came in, did the dishes and I promptly fell asleep when the show came on.  I woke up to see the end but this season has been a bummer and I really didn't care. I didn't like any of the last three people involved.  

I slept better but have been bothered by an ACE inhibitor induced cough.  My new blood pressure pills are an ACE inhibitor and this is a side effect.  There is another type of pill that can be prescribed and I will consult with Dr. C when I get back.  He will need to write my next prescription but I don't want to take them for two more months if I can help it.  By the way, I do have an appointment with Ted's back doctor group the week after we get back.  This may not be the right doctor but it is a starting point.  He has asked me to bring the bone density test that said my lumbar vertebrae are thickening.  Wish me luck.

In the morning we started our three hour trip to South Haven, still on Lake Michigan.  We made one rest area stop, hit some construction and arrived a little after 1:00.  Ted and Eileen went in and got our info and paid the bill.  A young man asked Ted if he was going in 123 and Tom 124.  Ted said yes we were going into 123 and Tom was next to us but he didn't know that number.  

We followed him and had to swing real wide to get in.  I got out to direct him forward to straighten out and position it so we could reach the electric box and open our slides with no problem.

Tom started into his spot and I could see he hadn't swung real wide and there was a tree on his passenger side.  Eileen was driving their car that had been taken off the back.  I noticed he was going to push the branches of the tree with the motorcoach and that can really scratch your paint.  Next thing I know he is out of the coach and he had taken out the tree entirely and wrecked one of his cargo doors.  The boy who led him in just stood there.  Ted told Tom to pull out, go around and come in from the opposite direction, which he did. 

The boy went for the manager who said they don't park two at once.  Ted told him they did that day.  At no time did the young man indicate Tom shouldn't follow us, address the situation when he was attempting to enter from the difficult side nor stop him when he was going to hit the tree!

We were taught NEVER to attempt making a turn less than 90 degrees.  I like to think if we had been second we would have assessed it and stopped until we had figured it out.  But hindsight is way better than foresight!  I also get out to watch Ted pull in and don't get into the truck until he has pulled out.  There are just so many blind spots on those big rigs.

The bright spot is next Monday they have an appointment at the factory to have body work done where someone backed into them.  The bleak spot is that KOA is not accepting any responsibilty for their employee's actions.  Tom said he will just let the insurance companies battle it out.  It certainly was a downer for the day.

After awhile we went to Walmart for some groceries.  When we got back I used four cups of my frozen raspberries to make a cobbler.  Ted grilled burgers and we had a fairly simple meal followed by cobbler and vanilla ice cream.

The bugs were getting bad so we eventually came in.  Hopefully our day tomorrow will have less drama.


No comments: