Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fun Monday!

We did sleep in on Monday and expected to be home until we went to dinner at Gus and Melissa's at 6:00.

Kelly called and asked if I wanted to go dress shopping for the wedding with Ally and her.  Ted didn't mind, so after she ran her errands she picked me up and we went to Great Lakes Crossing.  It is such fun to shop with someone who wears a size 0 or 2!

First stop was Lord & Taylor where I found a sundress and a holiday party top, both on sale.  Instead of $300, it was only $50.  Woohoo, my kind of shopping.  Ally didn't find anything even though I thought she looked darling in everything.

We moved on to a few more stores but Miss Ally is very particular.  We ended up at BCBG something or other where after about a dozen dresses she found one she liked.  On our way out we stopped at Chico's and I got some Bermuda shorts for Europe.  Dress is modest there so these are longer than shorts, shorter than Capris.  It will be warm during our trip and A/C probably isn't the norm in Eastern Europe.

It was 4:30 when we got back.  I had an hour and a half to make two salads, put on makeup and make a half hour drive.  All four of us pitched in slicing and dicing and we were only 10 minutes late to dinner.

Gus and Melissa cooked a fantastic meal.  Steaks cooked to perfection, baked potatoes, asparagus, corn on the cob, my two salads, home made bread and cream horns for dessert.  Gus opened a bottle of Pinot Grigio for me and by midnight when we finally got up from the table, it was empty.  I was so ready for bed when we got home.

This morning we had all sorts of messages asking if everything was okay.  Seems at 3 a.m. there was a terrible storm, 70 mph winds, sirens going off and we slept through it.  I texted back "did it rain?"  Usually I am a very light sleeper!

Our group for Friday keeps changing.  Pat's mother is coming but Ally has to work and Cassie and Kyle are going to his family picnic.  Kara's friends Tom, Kathy, and two boys are now coming.  So the number stands at 13 right now but it will fluctuate I'm sure.

Ted is taking me into town today to accompany Kara to her bridal gown fitting and I am spending the night to watch the kids in the morning.   He is coming back to the park to sleep and will come get me some time after Kara gets home.  She has purposely scheduled a lot of her client meetings while we are here to help out.   I see more Mexican Train in my future!



No comments: