Saturday, July 26, 2014

Heading to the Lake

We arrived safe and sound in Cincinnati and were backed up to the lake in no time.  We ate leftovers for dinner and had a quiet evening after our drive.

I was excited for Wednesday because it was lunch day with Donna, Donna and Cookie.  These are my girlfriends from K-12.  Donna and Cookie picked me up and after hugging Ted and oohing and aahing over our new Mobile Suites, we headed to Cracker Barrel in Milford to meet up with one more Donna.  Her husband is suffering from dementia and by us going to her she would not be away from home as long. It was so wonderful to see them all.

We left the park at 10:30 and it was going on 4:00 when I got back.  More talking than lunch!  Our waitress checked on us periodically and then finally gave up!  I can't tell you what all we talked about but there was never a lull in the conversation.  I had a wonderful time!

Ted had the oil changed in the truck while we were gone and had lunch somewhere.  By 6:30 we decided we were hungry again and went to LaRosa's.  So now I have my pizza fix.  Kara and Bill are coming to Cincinnati next week for a concert so they will get Morgan her LaRosa's pizza sauce so we didn't have to do that.

Thursday we did a bit of shopping getting our food items to take home but we forgot the brats.  Now we have to go again.  But I did forego lunch to have a United Dairy Farm malt.  Two food items down, one to go.

At 4:00 we met Karen and Ron at the bank to handle some family business then returned to their house for dinner.  We were joined by Debbie and Joe who brought some family reunion items for 2015 to show me.  He has taken that job over since I "retired" from handling it.  We will be in Pigeon Forge next June at the Main Stay Suites.  We already know there are six babies on the way including two sets of twins!  Back to working on the family tree for me.  Keith had the 2013 version framed and hung in his office.  It is 3 feet by 6 feet and goes back 8 generations to 1832.


Friday we didn't do much but hang out here in the park.  Ted decided to go shooting since it is supposed to rain on Sunday.  I emailed my niece Jill and invited her to have dinner with me.  So after work she picked me up and we headed to Whiskey's in Lawrenceburg.  We had a drink, dinner and dessert!  She is such a delight, looks more like Kristin than either Kelly or Kara, and is a talented quilter. She is just finishing up a quilt for Kristin that is a wedding gift from my sister Laurie and her husband Spence.  Ted came home and we visited until after 10.


Today we are going to Owenton, KY to Elk Lake for the day.  Cindy and Tim invited us to stay overnight but we will go down and back so we are back here on Sunday morning.


Jameson and Lilly at the lake.

Good family life is never an accident but always an achievement by those who share it.

No comments: