Saturday, July 5, 2014

Fourth of July

I am pooped!  Company for 11 hours is a long time!  We had 14 people to celebrate the Fourth.  The first came around 1:00, the last left a little after midnight.  I don't think I went up and down the stairs going in and out so often, ever.

Thank goodness one motorhome left across from us so we were able to snag an extra table.  Along with Ted's two small ones, the four tables proved to be enough for all the food and gave everyone a place to sit.  Ted's pulled pork was delicious as was the rest of the food.  

The sheriff department rides through frequently and today they came on their horses.




Folks visiting while the kids played.



The woodpile in anticipation of S'mores later on.

 
And then the fireworks.



I slept until almost 9:00 this morning.  That's a rare occurence for me.  Ted has gone shooting and I still have a few dishes to do.  I am almost afraid to look outside to see if everyone actually took all of their stuff with them!  Chairs, coolers, toys, jackets, dishes, leftovers may be lurking out there.

Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all!
By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.

~ John Dickinson

1 comment:

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.