Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday is Texas Day

We were invited on Saturday to a pool party at the home of a high school classmate of Kara.  Lori and John live down the street from Kara now.  We went to Sacred Heart church and then drove over to the party.  Their pool is lovely but I never did go inside the house.  We had a very nice time and dinner but were still tuckered out from our Friday company and left when the first folks started to leave.

Our electric went out Sunday morning and by 11 o'clock we decided to go fuel up and get some breakfast in the little town next to us.  It was still off when we returned so we went to Kelly's taking our overnight bag just in case.  We are fine without electric except for Ted's C-Pap machine.  Kelly and I worked on the wedding place cards while Ted and Ally went shooting.  This was her first time.  Thank goodness Kyle and Cassie returned from Traverse City and he helped me navigate Windows 8 while I worked on inserting the Infinity symbol on the template.  I swear Microsoft has hidden everything you need to use in this software.

Ally did great for her first time out and skeet shooting lessons may be in her future.  Ted was so pleased she wanted to learn.


We eventually went to Kara's for dinner and to do a load of laundry.  We kept calling the park and finally were given the word the power was back on.  We loaded up our things and headed home.  At 2 in the morning I was sick as a dog.  No one else from Friday or Saturday got sick and it only lasted about 6 hours so I guess I ate something no one else did or was bothered by.  That left me pretty well whipped on Monday.  We intended to go to the County Fair but it was raining and I was sacked out on the couch so Monday became a lost day.

Today I was feeling fine but could hardly talk from my throat being so irritated.  I did my normal stuff while Ted went to the grocery and to sign up to be pumped out tomorrow.  I was working on my afghan when he returned.  I looked out and he was talking to our friends from Texas, Jay and Stella.  They surprised us and will be here with us the next two weeks.  We were delighted to see them.  Since it was late in the afternoon we told them we would fix dinner which would be a lot of leftovers and they were ok with that.

Earlier in the day I spoke with Brenda from Texas who now lives in Memphis.  We are trying to arrange a stop there on the way home.  I also spoke to Leanne from Texas to make the final payment on our Panama Canal cruise.  I had difficulty talking to both of them but muddled through doing more croaking than talking.  After dinner we all Face Talked to Tommy and Susan in Texas.  Susan is still working and we four always pull their chain when we are out together.

After a visit around the campfire we returned to our respective trailers for the night.  We have to leave here at 9:15 tomorrow so it will be an early start to the day.

Things never go the way you expect them to. That's both the joy and frustration in life. I'm finding as I get older that I don't mind, though. It's the surprises that tickle me the most, the things you don't see coming. ~ Michael Stuhlbarg

No comments: