Saturday, May 4, 2013

Nothing Much Going On

The weather cooperated and the deck was done on Monday. A few boards needed pounding, then it was power washed and the preservative was put on. The table and chairs were power washed too so it looks good. Ted's mums in the back are blooming and the crepe myrtles are leafing out. Our yard was showing winter stress upon our return but now is nice and green. It was a very dry and warm winter for our area.

I worked at the thrift shop on Tuesday and cleared the kids' clothing table. Every time Jeannie and I thought we were caught up, another pile would be added but we got it done. Putting some of those little things on hangers is difficult at times. We all enjoy holding up the cute clothes for everyone to see. I never buy Newborn or 0-3 months clothes as baby gifts. Now I know for sure that is wise because those sizes come in brand new. American babies are born at weights that just skip that size it seems.

This week was the Activity Chair thank you party. I was the longest running chair at 12 years for my bunco group. There was a nice turn out and the refreshments were presented so well and were delicious. So many new faces were there this year and it gave me an opportunity to talk one on one with many of them.

Nothing much else has gone on. I am working with a company to get the family tree printed for the reunion. It will be 6 feet by 3 feet and has 8 generations starting with the birth of my great-great-great grandfather, Henry Linfert in Prussia in 1834.

The Moscow to St. Petersburg riverboat cruise in Russia has been on our radar since last year and I am gathering information and interested parties for an August 2014 trip. Six couples is a nice group and I have 5 already expressing interest. Just maybe this will be a go!

Ted went to the NRA convention and heard Gov. Perry and Senator Cruz speak. It was very well attended he said and he enjoyed looking at all the vendors' goods. Two observations: ammunition is hard to come by and the Colorado hunting lodges are hurting, push back from recent laws enacted there I suppose. When he came home we went out to dinner.

We have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend. It seems our time has switched. We used to socialize on weekends but now we are busy all week and less on weekends. I guess retirement does that.

Middle age is when you're sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn't for you. ~ Ogden Nash







No comments: