Thursday, May 9, 2013

Things Are Picking Up

I had a few things frozen off at the dermatologist.  She said they are nothing other than a nuisance and there is nothing to keep those spots and skin tags from coming.  I filed that info in a growing mental file I have named DEAL WITH IT.

And then I was traumatized at Shanghai only getting down twice and ending with a score over 500!  Even when I had a Shanghai in my hand and hoped to redeem myself, the lady before me put down a Shanghai and I was stuck big time again!  But that is what keeps the game interesting.  Some days you get the cards, sometimes not!  Some days you're the bug, some days the windshield.

As I pulled in to the neighborhood there was a crowd outside.  A couple who moved away were back visiting and they invited us to meet them all for dinner.  Ted had his skeet league but I agreed to go.  It was a nice visit and now I have Ida's info to catch up with them when we are in Florida.

Our Russia trip may be turning into an Eastern Europe trip instead - Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania.  I am still waiting to hear from a few more who expressed some interest.  I have four cabins committed right now and only need two more to get the discount.  It is worth trying for but if we don't get it, we don't.  These trips are harder to fill because of the considerable cost and the physicality of the tours.  We are already starting to run into folks that don't feel they can keep up or worry about being away from US medical because of conditions they have.  Unless you need a cane, walker, wheelchair or have difficulty walking, you would be fine.  But Europe is filled with cobblestones, curbs, steps, etc.  Europe has neither an American With Disabilities Act nor Walt Disney to move you around more easily.  The day will come when at least one of us can't go, or Ted will be unable to drive the RV so we are going now while we can.

On a high note the Family Tree has turned out awesome.  I am awaiting the 6 foot by 3 foot copy printed on a pale green tree background.  Anyone know where I can pick up a frame to fit it?  I really am considering doing that and hanging it at the end of our hallway.

Well I am off to the neighborhood luncheon.  Ted went with the fellows yesterday and the ladies are up today.

Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what's for lunch. ~ Orson Welles

No comments: