Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Rest of the Week

We attended Mass on Sunday at our old parish and I had an opportunity to visit with some more old friends.  The kids waited patiently while I did so.

That afternoon I returned to Windsor to pick up Cassie.  Traffic was light, I knew where I was going, Customs was not backed up and we had no problems.  The train was even 15 minutes early.

In the evening 10 of us gathered at our favorite Italian restaurant.  It was a 40th birthday dinner for Kristin and an engagement celebration for her and Larry.  Kristin's best friend since she was 8 years old, Sheetal, hosted it.  She will be the Maid of Honor in the wedding.

We celebrated Memorial Day inside because it was cool and drizzly.  There were over 20 people invited but one family got sick and the OB/GYN had babies arriving and couldn't make it so about 15 showed up.  Kara, as usual, outdid herself with the cooking.  No hamburgers and chips at this picnic.  We also celebrated Sam and Morgan's birthdays.

When Kristin came in she complained about her back.  By the end of the evening she was in excrutiating pain.  I recognized it as an aggravated sciatic nerve because Ted has had it.  Sheetal was there and is a doctor and she recommended ice plus a pain killer from Kara's arsenal left from her surgery.  Kara called her neighbor who is a pain doctor but he was in Saginaw.  He did call back immediately and offered advice.  Sheetal gave us the name of her friend on duty in the ER if we felt that was necessary.

Getting Kristin back to Kelly's was difficult but Larry was so good with her.  I didn't sleep well worrying about how she was going to fly home the next day.  I went over all  kinds of scenarios in my head about how I could help if I didn't leave in the morning.

The pills worked well enough that I was able to fly home and so was she.  Wednesday morning she went to the doctor where she got more pills, an x-ray and an appointment for physical therapy.  That was what Ted did too but it takes time for that nerve to settle down.  

Ted had parked my car at the airport and I found it with no difficulty.  A trip to the grocery was in order so I bought myself a salad while there for my dinner.  I watched The Bachelorette premiere that was taped and went to bed. I was pooped.

Since I have gals coming to play Shanghai today, I cleaned a bit yesterday.  Of course unpacking and mail are always there when you return from a trip.  I had things in order when I left to get Ted at the airport.  His flight from Virginia was right on time.  Once home I realized I hadn't gotten Tuesday's mail so I had a bit more paperwork in the afternoon when two days mail hit my desk.

I have people coming at 1:00.  I need to get moving.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. ~ author unknown

No comments: