Saturday, February 20, 2010

Packing Again

It's been a busy couple of days getting things finished up from the RGV trip, tending to matters around here and gearing up to take off again. The old mantra "A man may work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done" comes to mind. We probably scheduled a bit too much into these few days.

Jennifer came on Wednesday and we chose fabric for the loveseat and a window treatment. What she drew up was a bit too formal for me so we worked on changing that to better fit my style. Minutes after she left she called on my cell and said my home phone was busy. The deck guy said he had called all week and said the same thing. I checked and the phone had no dial tone. No wonder I only had two messages on the answering machine. So I called the phone company and added that to my list of things to get corrected before we leave again.

Thursday brought the deck guy who repaired, cleaned and stained the deck. Even Ted said it looked a lot better. Mark that one down in my column! Another fellow came and picked up the loveseat so it can be done in our absence. I got a call from the phone technician who said he had found some cables that needed replacing and my phone was OK now. First call - Omaha Steaks - a telemarketer! Our last visitor was a lady who bought our old area rug.

We followed her right out and headed to Rayford to pick up Tommy and Susan. Tommy had invited us to dinner if we came into Rayford Tuesday night before putting the trailer away. We went right to storage so we didn't do that. We went to Cheddar's in Spring and it was every bit as good (and crowded) as the one in the valley. We made plans to go back to the RGV with them in September between the Labor Day 10th anniversary Boomer rally in Boerne, TX and the mid-October Hitchhiker rally being held in Montgomery, TX. I'm looking forward to showing them around down there.

Friday I got my winter clothes out, got a hair cut, manicure and pedicure. I don't think I'll have time for such things over the next few weeks in Michigan. I went to the bank and the grocery to get things for an appetizer for Wind Down last night. I popped a cheese pizza (it's Lent) into the oven and got dressed while it baked. I'm not good at all this rushing around anymore.

There was a big turnout at Wind Down and we saw many of our friends. Ted was able to spend time with Terry but I don't think I said more than "hello" to either him or Carol all night. We are going to church at 5:00 today and then out to dinner with them afterwards. We want to take off early tomorrow morning.

Marcia called and said Bill has moved his motorhome into a new spot so we can push the trailer back the extra five feet. We'll do that today.

The saga of the post office continues. I went on line to stop the mail starting Monday. Ted went to get Friday's mail and there is a sign saying "hold." If we want yesterday and today's mail, we'll have to go pick it up at the post office. Do these people not know how to read or don't they have a calendar?

Next posting will be from the frozen tundra!!!!!!

1 comment:

cdm said...

Donna - you and Ted have a great time in Michigan - stay warm and drive carefully!!!! I'll be looking forward to hearing of your adventures. We leave on Wednesday ourselves, but don't have as far to go or, hopefully, as cold. Once again, take care, be safe, and stay warm!!!!