Saturday, February 27, 2016

Eileen's Last Weekend Here

Eileen wanted to go back to Charming Charlie's to get accessories for her three new outfits.  So Friday she picked me up and we headed there again.  We got her all fixed up and I bought another necklace and earrings.  Once she leaves I'm pretty sure I will be done shopping.

We had plans to go to Mission West to see John Sager so Ted and I went to McDonald's for fish sandwiches and then stopped at the Bake A Cake shop for paper doilies for under the desserts I am in charge of for Tapa Hoppa.  Then we met up to go to the park.

John is a great entertainer and puts on a three hour show.  He has a lot of audience participation and it is just plain fun.  We all had a good time.

We have been trying to get to Gonzales Burgers over in Donna for the past month.  Saturday was our last shot but Ted was shooting at 10 in the morning so we went without him.  Lee and I shared a burger as did Tom and Eileen.  Ira tried to go it alone but only made it 3/4 of the way.  They were taking pictures of the patties on the grill, the cook holding an uncooked patty with two hands and one of the finished burgers.  They all agreed I have not steered them wrong on anything we have done this month.

Tom wanted a new battery in his watch so we went to the Don-Wes flea market for that.  I bought cinnamon and sugar at the spice shop and hot pepper jelly at the Amish booth.  And one pair of earrings.

We arrived home with some time before church so I finished up my deviled eggs.  In the morning I had boiled, peeled and sliced them.  After I made the filling I put it all in the refrigerator so it didn't take me long to put them together.  Fr. Roy used his story of a crotchety old lady who didn't like "weekenders" coming to her hometown of Starksville TX in the Hill Country as an example of the Samaritan woman at the well.  Neither was open to change.  Ira has attended church here more times in a month than he has in years.  

We were due at Trudy and Don's at 6:00.  Lee made a chocolate dessert, Eileen did the cream cheese with hot pepper jelly and I brought deviled eggs.  Don grilled brats served with his homemade sauerkraut.  Before we knew it, it was 10:00 and time to go home.  We certainly enjoyed the evening.

I had nothing planned for Sunday so when Ted left to shoot skeet with Don and Dave I started cleaning in earnest.  It gets very dusty down here and I dusted every piece of wood in the trailer.  I did all the floors and spent extra time in the bathroom which gets a "lick and a promise" everyday.  Then I decided to put a turkey breast in the crockpot.  Looking at it I knew it was way too much for just us so I invited Tom, Eileen, Ira and Lee for dinner.

I am trying to empty the freezer so I can go to Sam's for more of the Tapa Hoppa desserts.  Fixing dinner for us all helped that project along.  We used the two card tables we brought along in the coach house covered with a tablecloth.  It all worked out really well.  

Monday was clay bird shooting for Ted, yoga for me followed by the Leap Year party at the clubhouse. There was dinner, a skit and entertainment which was an accordion player who threw comedy in now and then.

It seems ladies can ask a fellow to marry them on Leap Year Day so Ma and Paw

Decided to marry off their five daughters

and there was a big wedding ceremony

Attended by various guests.

Everyone had a lot of laughs before calling it a night.

No comments: