Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 5 in Mexico

We had a good time at the Super Bowl Hamburger Bash and enjoyed the food. Apparently the shooting group isn't much into football because it wasn't too far into the game after eating that people headed home and Ted and I were the only ones left watching the game. When the workampers started putting the chairs away, we came home and watched the rest on TV. It was a terrific game and my quarterback won, I wasn't choosing a team. I had 6 and 7 on the board and never came close to winning anything but that's how it goes.

Monday we picked up Jay & Stella and headed to the Mercedes bridge parking lot to meet most of the group we had dinner with on Friday. They all wanted to be accompanied into Mexico and we four obliged. First stop was the Almost Free Pharmacy where we get what we need. I had orders for some face cream, allergy medicine, antibiotics, etc. from folks in addition to what we needed.

Now don't get your panties in a twist. It is perfectly OK to buy these things in Mexico and bring them back. I always show what I have to Customs and there has never been a problem. Also, the quality of the drugs has always been up to par.

The ladies wanted to go into the big department store to browse so we waited while they did that. I found a scarf but that was all. We walked on and eventually stopped at Rene's Cafe. Ted and I just had rolls (delicious!) and coffee while the others ate lunch and/or breakfast. It was just too early for us to have lunch and Ted isn't an egg eater so breakfast was out. Our three pastries and two bottomless cups of coffee were $5.75. Try that at Panera Bread or Starbucks!

We walked on and stopped at several boot places. I was looking for boots and found some that feel good on. I didn't want fancy ones or the high heel/pointed toe ones. At my age, comfort is the name of the game. These are black with white embroidery up the sides, very much like Ted's boots. Now I'm ready for the rodeo!

We've tried to replace Ted's belt that we bought in New Mexico but the fellow called us and said it was no longer available. So we stopped at the leather shop and Ted chose a black leather belt and the man put his old silver buckle on it along with four silver conchos strategically placed in the design. Then he put a new buckle on his old belt so he could still wear it. Now he wants to go back over and get a brown belt.

We walked back over the bridge after clearing Immigration and Customs and said our farewells to the folks. Jay & Stella leave tomorrow and we won't see them until April. The other folks are heading out in different directions too.

The weather has been about 10 degrees cooler than normal and it has been very overcast. We took a walk around the entire park before coming in for dinner. The Bachelor was on so I was happy to be home since I missed last week when the skinny dipping scene took place! I've read spoilers and if they are true, I don't like the outcome and it has sort of ruined it for me. If he really chooses this girl, it won't last long. She isn't a very nice person and seems too self-centered to ever be good marriage material.

We were invited to Willie's BBQ to say goodbye to all the Heartland folks but we passed. I'm not sure what we're going to do today, perhaps nothing. That sounds good!

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

No comments: