Sunday, July 3, 2011

Still Celebrating

We celebrated Father's Day and Allen's (7/4) and Pat's (7/7) birthday today. Ted received some new shorts and a set of walkie-talkies since the charger on our old set died. That completes our birthday bonanza that starts with Kristin on 5/8 and includes Mother's Day and Father's Day and ends with Pat's birthday. Only Kara is out there in December all by herself. It keeps me on my toes for those two months.

We used the last 10 lbs. of chili to make 3-ways and coneys for dinner. Stella made a cake and there was some chocolate cake and ice cream left from Friday. I'm finally getting my refrigerator cleared out some since the reunion.

Pat took Sam, Morgan and Cassie down to the lake to fish. Morgan caught seven blue gills she said. I think they all caught some but she must have been the big "winner." After dinner Kelly, Ally, Stella and I played Mexican Train while Sam and Morgan played ball with other kids in the campground.


Ted built another fire and the kids roasted the great big marshmallows this time. Pretty much everything around here is sticky tonight!


It was a wonderful day and the sky gave us a spectacular show to end it.



Tomorrow we are going to Kelly's for dinner. Ellen and John as well as Lou and Ed will be there. It will end our four day long celebration!

When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: