Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blue Skies, Nothing But Blue Skies

It's time to take to the skies again. I'm heading to Florida this morning to spend a week with Kristin. Instead of Orlando I'm flying into Daytona Beach. When we were there after our cruise, we helped her with the design of her new kitchen. She bought an older home on a lake and has been remodeling it ever since. The kitchen of course is the biggest job.

A lot of the work is already done. I had my trip to the valley and the retirement weekend to attend before I could go so the removal of the tile floor, repair of plumbing and electric, and installation of the cabinets and microwave have all taken place. We'll be looking at granite for the countertops, purchasing a new range and checking out floor tile this week. Then there's the business of putting it all back together! We also are making cornices for the living room and covering the dining chairs. I hope we get it all done in a week's time.

Of course this means I have a week to spend with my friend Eileen too. Kristin will be working during the day so Eileen and I can work together on the house things and then run like we used to when I lived in the area.

Ted is staying home. We tried to remember the last time we spent a week apart and couldn't. I've gone to stay with Kara when the babies were born but he would bounce in and out on business so I don't think a week went by without seeing him. We are constant companions in retirement so I know he is going to be lonely and miss me this week. I'll miss him too but I'll have a lot to keep me busy. He is flying to Denver on Monday and we'll fly back home arriving within minutes of each other so he won't have too many days to fill in my absence.

Back at y'all in April!

No comments: