Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Two T-Shirt Weekend

Pretty soon I'll have a new summer wardrobe! LOL. I received my green Blue Bell Fun Run 2011 T-shirt on Saturday and a black Waterway Art Fair T-shirt on Sunday. Someday I'm going to make a quilt out of the graphics on these T-shirts and also our family reunion ones. Now all I have to do is learn to sew.

Sunday was very warm and I stood for three hours checking wristbands on people entering the Waterway and also putting on wristbands as people paid to enter. There was a nice breeze and that made it pleasant enough at Gate 5 where I was stationed. The time passed quickly and three different friends used this gate to exit so I had the opportunity to visit with them.

I picked Jacque up on Monday morning and we drove to a community center associated with the Women's Shelter. Once there, we filled dozens of plastic eggs with candy, enough to fill two 60 qt. containers. We made up 40 Easter baskets for children living in the shelters. We finished them off by placing them in cellophane bags printed with bunnies and tieing them with colorful ribbons. Many hands made light work. Afterwards we all went to lunch then I came home and started the laundry.


Today I finished the laundry and did the ironing. I had to be at the Junior Forum office for a meeting and lunch. Because I had enough time beforehand, I stopped in at Coffee and Chit Chat for a bit. It has been a long time since I've participated in this activity. There was quite a crowd but I didn't stay very long.


Our lunch and meeting were over quickly at the office and soon I was on my way back home. Ted had called me to say his cousin Beth had died from her bout with lung cancer. He will be flying to Cincinnati this weekend with Terry to attend the funeral. It is sad but no one wants a loved one to suffer. As a child, Beth and her family lived in the other side of the duplex where Ted's family lived so they were very close to her.

It was the end of another shooting league and Ted called to tell me to make room for one more trophy! From there he was proceeding on to Dallas for a few business days. I went to get hair bows for Morgan. I had given her a strip of bows for Christmas and she wanted pastel ones for her Easter dress. She told her Mommy she thought Grandma would do that for her. Of course! I now have 14 bows to send. I hope one of them goes with her new dress. I met up with Gerre and we had dinner and closed McAllister Deli. They had all the chairs up on the tables and we were the only ones left!

Tomorrow is the return of the GE repairman. The last one would not listen to my complaint that the beeper goes off saying the oven has reached the right temperature way before it ever really does. After I took the phone survey I went and turned the oven on. It beeped within 4 minutes and my thermometer inside said 200 and the digital dial outside said 350. So tomorrow I'm not turning it on when he calls me and tells me to. He can put his gauge on it cold, start it up and see for himself what the gauge says when it beeps that the oven has reached 350. This should be interesting.

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

You could always send your t-shirts to a niece for assembly and quilting! I'd be happy to make a quilt up for you!

Good luck with the oven!