Monday, April 4, 2011

Quiet Weekend

We went to church Saturday evening and then met Stella and Jay for dinner. It's been awhile since we've had a chance to visit with them. We went to Sam's afterwards and then parted company. They had to get back to let the dogs out so declined my invitation to come to our house.

Sunday Ted went shooting and I went to Lowe's and bought three plants to replace the ones that froze. I don't know what they were but they had a big root system and it took quite a bit of digging to get them out to put the new ones in. Barbara our neighbor was working in her yard and we had a nice chat. She is a flight attendant and is seldom home so it was nice to catch up with her.

The grass around the wall in the front just wasn't doing well so I took the rake and got up a whole garbage can full of thatch. Then I upped the sprinkler by a couple minutes. It gets fertilized on a regular basis so I'm hoping this bit of care will help.

My oven is acting up so I'm having GE come today to take a look. I think it is the thermostat. It beeps when it reaches the set temperature but the thermometer I put inside says it is only 225 when it is set for 350. And I've seen it at 300 degrees when it is set at 350 while cooking. Barb and I had trouble with it while baking the lasagna so it's time to have them take a look.

Gerre and I did our 5K walk this morning but it is getting warmer down here and we could really feel it. On Saturday we are doing the Blue Bell Fun Run and we'll have both heat and some slight grades to contend with. I think we'll feel this one more than the Run Thru the Woods at Thanksgiving and the Rodeo Run in February when the air was cooler and the course totally flat.

It is so quiet with everyone gone. None of our joint Powerball tickets won the big money so everyone had to return to their normal routine. Such is life.

No comments: