Saturday, April 16, 2011

The End to a Busy Week

Wednesday we tried again with the oven. This fellow changed out the sensor. He also backed off the extra 15 degrees the other fellow had calibrated into my oven. It took longer to start beeping, went to 350 and stayed there. However, it still beeps way before it hits 350. Does anyone know if this is normal? I probably should bake a cake or something to see what happens. I can adjust knowing the beep doesn't mean the oven is actually ready as long as it holds a true temp while cooking.

I have to pick our neighborhood luncheon place next month so Ann and I went to try out the Dragonfly Cafe. It's a nice ladies luncheon type restaurant connected to a boutique, spa and hair salon. We had a nice lunch, chatted about some things for our Breakfast group for next year and then headed back to my house for coffee.

Since Ted was still in Dallas, I decided to join the girls at Happy Hour at the country club. There were about eight of my friends there and we ended up eating dinner. It was going on 9:00 before I got home.

Thursday was our neighborhood luncheon and I picked Nancy up on my way. We had a group of more than a dozen and had a private room at Red Lobster. We have a new person joining us because she has just retired and we caught up on all the happenings of comings and goings in the neighborhood. The men have a lunch day too and it really is helpful in staying in touch with one another. Too often people don't even know their neighbors. Ted came home that afternoon from his business trip.

Last night was Wind Down and there were over 50 people at Lynn's house. It was a gorgeous night and many were outside. Her yard is so nice and three different groups were gathered; one at the patio table, the second on the porch and the third in the gazebo. A good many just stayed inside. It was a good time.

Ted and Terry are flying to Cincinnati today to attend the funeral of his cousin. Carol and I are staying behind. They will be gone until Tuesday. We've gone from the tremendously wonderful week with all his family here to once again a gathering for a sad occasion, all within just two weeks time. We had all planned to go to the Tea Party Tax Day rally tonight so Carol and I will do that without them. Tomorrow will be church and a long day without Ted at home.

These two trips are keeping him away from home for almost a whole week. Just enough time for me to do in his flowers. The Boston fern, spider plant and pink petunias are doing OK. The two purple petunia pots are not looking so good. I don't think they like me. They must miss Ted. Bummer.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Well, it certainly looks like you went from doing nothing to being VERY busy! (but you seem to thrive on being VERY busy!) Glad things are going well, and congratulations on your time on the 5K! Great job!