Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cards, cards and more cards

As if all the card games at the Easter rally weren't enough, I had two Canasta dates planned for this week. I had to get everything put away and the laundry done on Monday because I headed out at 8:15 on Tuesday morning for the Junior Forum office. We set up tables for a Board Meeting dinner. First we had to move all the chairs out and stack them, then open and set up the tables, then bring the chairs back in. Tablecloths, napkins and silverware were put in place. We had a big discussion about runners to put on the tables. There was a piece of decorative cloth and we needed to decide how it should be cut to supply us with six runners. My math skills came in handy! I have to be careful because I don't want to be appointed Treasurer which was mentioned!

When I returned home it was time to make two trays of lasagna for Ted's shooting banquet. It was such a hit last time they requested it again. Not one to buy into BS, I think free food prepared by someone else is always welcome! I don't mind though because it is for Ted and his friends. They were disappointed I didn't attend. Ted came home with another trophy so I had to move the two tall ones to the top of the filing cabinet to make room on the table. When Randy stopped by I told him to stop letting Ted win because I'm running out of room.

I had an evening of Canasta with our small group that night. We got started late so I got home late but with my $5 in hand. No, I didn't win for score. I got the consolaton prize which means they pulled my score card out of the basket. But I'll take it!

Wednesday found me working some more on the reunion stuff. We were really clipping along with 80+ attendees but there is a serious illness that threatens our Connecticut attendees from all making the trip. I am praying all turns out well and they are able to join us. I thought I had the T-shirt thing under control and now the ones with new babies want onesies for them instead. I'm working with my nephew on this. He'll have the say so about whether it can be done or not. I ran the finances and we're doing good there. I called the hotel and 25 of the 30 rooms we blocked have been taken. I know some are staying off sight and there are two of us in the campground across the street from the hotel so we're moving right along.

I picked Gerre up at noon today and we rode together to Canasta at Carol's. I had the most awful cards today. As soon as we were done I told Gerre we had to head out because I was due at the CWJF office at 5:00. I told them if either of us won, to just hold the money. I have no phone or e-mail messages, which doesn't surprise me, so I'm pretty safe in saying I didn't win!

Down at the office we ran into a wrinkle in that the play we put on for Book Smart (where we do a play of a book and then each child receives a hard cover copy of that book) couldn't be performed for the Advisory Board because the music CD was lost. They are hoping the person who made the original still has it and can burn another. Otherwise they have to start from scratch. The dinner was great but it was 9 o'clock when I got home but at least I don't have to cook for myself.

I'm tired. I'm going to curl up on the couch. Ted is in Beaumont. More later.

1 comment:

Carol said...

As usual, you have had a busy week. I guess we both stay busy, but in just different ways! Glad to stay in touch.