Saturday, April 2, 2011

All's Well that Ends Well

Wednesday morning I cooked our Cincinnati German goetta for breakfast and Dan cooked eggs. It was the only "big" breakfast we had all week because of being so busy. Thanks to Barb, my awesome helper, before noon we had all four beds stripped, sheets laundered and back on the beds. I'm making sure she stays at my house next time too!

Erma packed up her car and headed out to Louisiana. She would call later to say she was 40 miles from home and thank us for a very good time. Everyone else was getting packed up for their 1 o'clock or so flights when the phone rang. There was a very short layover for them to catch their second flight and then the Houston plane was going to be a little late. Dave got on the phone with Delta and got them all changed to a straight through flight that left late afternoon.

So off everyone went to lunch at the country club except me, Ted and Dan who had a 1:50 flight. Ted did the first run to the airport and Dan arrived back in Miami without incident and drove home to Key West.

Everyone arrived from lunch and Ted loaded up my Expedition with the remaining five and did run number two to the airport. That car of mine sure comes in handy. When I get around to replacing it, I think it will be another Expedition.

With the laundry done, everything else in order and leftover lasagna for dinner, I was able to watch Survivor with no problem. It was a great feeling knowing everyone had such a good time. There were no glitches in the travel plans that didn't work out, plenty of time to visit, see some of Texas and Lord knows we had plenty to eat. It was an awesome time with the family.

Thursday I was back to my normal social routine and I played Canasta with the large group. They pay 1st, 2nd, position #8 in the middle and last. I keep ending up #7 so I need to get a whole lot better, a little worse or a lot worse. I think this will continue to be a $5 donation to the group for a long while.

Ted had a doctor's appointment on Friday to have a cyst removed from inside his lip. About a month ago, they had removed a much smaller bump, sent it to pathology which said it was nothing, but it returned. Because he waited until the company was gone to get it removed a second time, it had gotten much bigger. The doctor said if this didn't work he would do surgery and remove the piece of vein it is growing on and sew the vein ends together. He has a fat lip now until the swelling goes down.

No plans for the weekend except maybe watching the Final Four and going to church. I need to plant two or three things in our front yard to replace those that apparently are not going to come back from the freeze. The other things are doing well. Ted has kept the hanging baskets alive for almost two weeks now. What a gardener he is!!!

No comments: