Thursday, October 14, 2010

80 HitchHikers and Counting

We had a fun time playing Canasta on Monday. Kathy came laden down with all sorts of appetizers, nuts, desserts and drinks. I went ahead and took care of the coffee and cups so she didn't have to mess with that. I didn't win but that's OK, I played well.

Ted headed to Austin before everyone arrived so I was alone for the rest of the day and evening. That's nice every once in awhile. It gave me all Tuesday morning to lollygag around also.

In the afternoon Ann came by to pick up the coffeepot for Continental Breakfast since I won't be attending in November and while she was here, Irene stopped by. She is a floral designer and is going to rework the big shell dish I have in my master bath. In the midst of all of that, Ted came home. He was here long enough to say hello and goodbye as he left to shoot in his skeet league.

Everyone finally left and I had a half hour to pull myself together and get to the country club for dinner and an Austin Girls' Trip meeting. There are 10 of us going on a package that Susan bought at the gala last year. Janeen and I are going to be drivers. I'll tell you all about it after the fact.

Wednesday I was back at the grocery and into the kitchen. For the Trinity Episcopal Seniors bingo and luncheon, I was to make a goulash casserole. They provide the recipe so it's not too hard to do. I also bought stuff to make Taco Soup for our dinner. Once I got the casserole together I started right in on the soup. Tasted darn good too.

I had to be up bright and early this morning because I had to bake the casserole before I left here at 8 am. There was another BIG CROWD at the church. We had a lot of bingo prizes (that we ladies all donate), an accordian player entertained since the theme was Oktoberfest and lunch was the goulash, green beans, rye bread and German chocolate cake.

I didn't eat there because it is my neighborhood ladies' luncheon date and I met up with them at Eden Cafe about a half hour after they all arrived. They all had birthday cards for me and an old neighbor who moved away had come and brought all five of the October birthday ladies a dozen roses each. What a beautiful gesture!

Tomorrow we head to Montgomery TX for the International HitchHiker Rally. I have this afternoon to get my clothes and food together for an early morning departure. Since we're close to home I'll be back and forth taking care of some commitments I have around here. I may even be staying over night a time or two. It just depends on how things work out.

I know there's a lot of Indian summer around so enjoy it while you can and I'll talk to you later.

No comments: