Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Heading Out Again

The weather has been very hot and humid since we returned so we're spending most time indoors. I unpacked and did laundry on Saturday. Sunday after Mass we had a big breakfast and then late in the afternoon I went to the country club to attend the Newcomers Welcome Tea Social. Being an Activity Chair for bunco and the Continental Breakfast Club, I had to man two different stations. Bunco got about 8 interested members and CBC had a sheet and a half filled. Great turn out! Afterwards Ted came over and we had dinner with Vince and Susan. It was nice to have the time to get caught up. Usually we're in a crowd and it's difficult to have a conversation of any length.

I started getting things together to take to the RV on Monday and stayed close to home. Tuesday I worked a 4-hour shift at Interfaith's Hand Me Up Shop as part of my service hours for Junior Forum. Bending over for four straight hours pulling clothes from bags is hard on the back. It also gave me a headache. Near the end we stopped doing that and started tagging clothes which was a lot easier. Next time I'm signing up for a 2-hour stint.

We took most of our things out to the RV today. The fridge is on so tomorrow we'll put things in before we take off. There will be two catered meals and three group meals so I only need to take the ingredients for my dishes and not a lot else. That eliminates dragging food out and bringing it all back which happens a lot of times. Especially if you end up eating out a lot.

Chris just left his room as is and I shut the door. He'll be back down here tomorrow morning to see us off. I think Gloria and Al are enjoying him being gone but don't tell him that!

Talk to you all next week.

No comments: