Wednesday, September 22, 2010

About to Hit the Road Again

Chris is in his glory, because we're taking off again for two weeks. I hope he doesn't ever decide to get his own place due to enjoying his time here while we're gone!

Last Saturday after church we went to Chili's with Terry & Carol then spent Sunday doing nothing. I cleaned out all my files (where do people who full time in an RV put their paperwork?) and Ted watched football. I made a roast for dinner and we didn't leave the house all day.

Monday was our CWJF Provisional Project Day. Jacque picked me up, then we picked up Marika and made our way to the Junior Forum office. We had a meeting, packed up the bags for the Women's Shelter then we all went to lunch. I hadn't had Mexican since our Yucatan trip so it tasted darn good.

Dancing with the Stars AND Survivor are now on, soon to be joined by Amazing Race. For me it doesn't get any better than this. I can't explain why I enjoy most of the reality shows but with the Amazing Race it is seeing all the wonderful places in the world they travel to. I would have to stop to take pictures. I'd never win!

Yesterday Michele and I met Ann for breakfast then Michele and I went to a salon where I had my eyebrows done permanently. They look good and will be always ready so I'll save time and they'll be even!! That was not an easy feat for me. I found out one of the muscles in my forehead is stronger than the other so depending on how much that relaxed, my eyebrows would move. Oh brother. Anyway I'm pleased with them and will go back in a month to see if I need a touch up. They should be good to go for 5 years or more. I can hear my grandkids now "My Grandma got a tattoo ... two of 'em." LOL

Another Canasta group is starting and we met for the first time today. We had lots of beginners so we played more in a teaching mode. I knew about half the ladies and met several new ones. I love expanding the group of people I socialize with. Junior Forum is doing just that for me too and I'm enjoying it immensely.

We have the food out in the RV and most of our clothes. We want to be on the road between 9 and 10. We're stopping in Victoria where we'll meet Susan and Tommy. I'm sure we'll go out for dinner. Then Friday we all roll into Mission meeting up with Jay and Stella. We're staying a week. Next Friday we're all going in different directions. We head to San Antonio for the World Shoot.

It's officially fall and I hope your pumpkins, witches and ghosts are all ready for the season. Talk to you in October if not before.

2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Have a great time and a safe trip!!! :)

Rick and Brenda said...

We keep most of our paperwork on the computer.
There just isn't room to keep all of the paper that we kept before fulltiming.

Enjoy your time with Tommy, Susan, Jany and Stella.

See you in November.