Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Four Legged Visitor

We picked up the RV Monday morning. The new 16 foot wheel fender is a shade darker than the rest due to sun fading. That probably explains the tire failure since the trailer was in CA, NV and AZ before we bought it. I'm sure they weren't taken care of by covering while sitting or being properly inflated at all travel times. But we have the new H tires and I hope and pray that takes care of this problem. We sent all the bills off to Goodyear.

I made it to Canasta with time to spare since Gerry got lost. I was smack dab in the middle on score so I didn't win. It's only $1 to play so you don't win much.

Tuesday Ted left for Florida. He flew to Orlando, spent the night with Kristin and took her to dinner, then traveled to The Villages the next day. I was taking care of my new medical and drug insurance to go with my Medicare and it takes some wading through stuff to get it all in place.

Before Ted returned I kept a beauty shop appointment (it didn't work!) and then met Teri for lunch. It was her thank you for bringing the goetta from Cincinnati. I introduced her to a nice restaurant out by us that she had never been to. It's nice to go somewhere besides a chain on occasion. I bought some new shoes and a scarecrow for my front porch planter. All my fall outdoor decorations are in place. It was Girls' Happy Hour at the country club so I went and had a glass of wine before coming home to see the start of "Survivor." I'm so excited all my reality shows are starting up. When Ted ordered the DVR on cable I fussed about the added monthly expense but now I love it.

While at Boerne I invited LeAnne and Jim to stay the night with us before a 6 a.m. flight since they live hours from the airport. I told them we would care for their dog Zoe too. So Thursday we were expecting them. I had a CWJF dinner and meeting to attend so they said they would come about 7:30. Ted was home and I arrived about 5 minutes after them.

The night was a riot. They went to bed early and we kept Zoe by us. I had set my alarm for 3:15 a.m. and put it in their room. At 12:30 Jim jumped up and said it was 6 o'clock because he read the hands wrong. They went back to sleep and at 2 am the airlines called to tell them their plane was on time. At 4:30 I shot out of bed fearing I had done something wrong with the clock and raced to their room. They were gone and the beds were made. I never did go back to sleep. Zoe slept cuddled next to Ted this whole time.

Zoe is a great dog. No barking, no chewing, I hardly know she is here. I took her for a walk through the neighborhood in the morning and she sleeps in her bed most of the day. Last night was Wind Down. Usually September is a really big crowd but numbers were down this year for some reason. It was a nice time but we came home a bit earlier than usual because of my early rising.

Ted is shooting today and Zoe is waiting for her walk. We have no plans other than church tonight at 5:00. I have a busy M-T-W before our Thursday departure so I have plenty I can do to prepare. Now Gloria is asking when Chris (her son) is coming back to stay. I'm not sure who enjoys this arrangement more - us, him or her.

No comments: