Monday, September 13, 2010

Fun Weekend After All

With no plans in place, our weekend still turned out pretty nice. Rebecca came as scheduled on Friday and the house is in good shape. I did all the laundry and ironing. The yard men did their thing outside. I even put the fall wreath on the door despite the 97 degrees. We are poised to be "caught up" at home.

Ted went shooting Friday and Saturday in Conroe to practice for the Best of Texas tournament at the Houston Gun Club on Sunday. I had written SueAnne about attending the Stampin' Up open house that we try to attend every year but I had not heard from her. I was delighted to find an e-mail Saturday morning saying she was free after all and could go. I needed to meet Linda who has agreed to do the class at the HitchHiker rally so we made plans to meet up. SueAnne was stopping by her mother's close to where I needed to run an errand so we met and rode together in her car.

I asked Chris to point out Linda and I introduced myself. She told me of her plans for the class during the rally and I'm confident it will be a big hit. SueAnne and I inspected the new techniques and supplies before sitting down to make our two greeting cards. We were wondering about Mary who we normally see here and she walked in! She does social work and was not in the greatest mood but by the time we closed up the place, she was all smiles. I won a door prize again this year. SueAnne and I went to lunch afterwards and continued to catch up. By 4:00 o'clock I told her I had to get home because we were going to church at 5:00.

We were scheduled to play Canasta on Saturday so after church we stopped at Chick Filet before heading to Wayne and Pam's. She had so much food we didn't need to stop to eat beforehand. I remembered to take the goetta I had purchased in Cincinnati for Susan and Teri. They were both so excited and everyone else just didn't understand it. It's a Cincinnati German breakfast food not available anywhere else but Cincinnati that we can find ... not even in Germany!

It was a fun night and I won our $10 back by losing. I had the lowest score. We play four games, all with different partners. Two of the games my partner and I failed to complete a wild card Canasta so we lost 1000 points. Doing that two out of four times will kill your score. It was almost midnight when we got home. That's a late night for us anymore.

Ted left early Sunday for his shooting tournament and I straightened up, got dressed, had a nice long chat with my friend Jody and then went to get a necklace to go with my new blouse. I also bought supplies for my Junior Forum Project - toiletry bags for the Women's Shelter. I bought four each of toothpaste, deodorant, tampons, combs and shampoo. I already had toothbrushes at home. Each thing I do with Junior Forum is new to me so I follow their instructions to a T. They tell me I'm doing great and I've enjoyed every minute of it so far.

Ted didn't get home until very late because he had to wait for a shoot off. He came in third place. Congratulations Ted!

We are waiting on a call from Thornton's that the RV is ready. I'm playing Canasta at 1 o'clock and Ted leaves on a business trip tomorrow. If we don't get it this morning, it will have to wait until Thursday when he returns. We aren't leaving again until 9/23 and then we'll once again be back playing catch up when we return.

No comments: