Monday, March 29, 2010

The Bluebonnets are Blooming



Despite the cool weather we have had, especially at night, the bluebonnets are blooming. I saw my first of the season in the median along 242. Ted said the hills around the airport are full of them. They are actually right on time so I guess Spring is really here.

I didn't do a whole lot while Ted was gone to Atlanta. Sometimes it's just nice to stay home and do little things you get behind on when life is busier. I grocery shopped and found some pillows for the couch in the family room at the shopping center. When Ted returned home, we stayed in and ate dinner at home Friday night.

Saturday I started the laundry and we went to see Abe at the wine store about what we need for next weekend. We went to church at 5 o'clock and then played bunco with the church group. We are getting to know these folks better and we had an enjoyable evening.

Sunday I finished up the laundry and put together a tray of lasagna for a funeral today. I have to bake it for one hour before delivering it to church. Unfortunately there is another funeral tomorrow so I have to go to the grocery to get something to prepare for that.

In the evening we met a group of about 20 people for dinner at Goose's Acre, an Irish pub along the waterway here in The Woodlands. This week will be busier because of the funerals and preparing for the Wine Tasting here next Saturday. Last night's weather report said rain on Saturday. Let's hope they are wrong because we really want to use the deck for the Wine Tasting. Also, Ted is grilling and I would hate for him to have to do that in the rain!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I've got both pictures now!!! They (the bluebonnets) are beautiful! Hopefully next year we will be able to see them in person! Thanks for posting the pictures.