Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm Pumped


Check out the comments on my Don't Eat the Bluebonnets post. The illustrator sent me a comment! How neat is that? I did share all the pictures with the kids because Morgan was sitting in the front row reminding me to "show us the pictures, Grandma." I was so happy to share part of Texas with those kids and teachers and delighted to hear from Bill.

Kelly and family made it over on Friday night to see us before we left. She had a cold all week so stayed away so Kara would not catch it. Cassie had come home from college on spring break so the whole family was there. I learned two new things this trip. 1) how to use my cell phone as an alarm clock and 2) how to "rip" a song from a CD onto my computer so I can download it to my ipod (which I don't have!). We have an ipod docking station in the new RV so they think I need one. Ally "ripped" a Steely Dan song off of Allen's CD to show me how I could get all my Patsy Cline songs onto my computer and then onto my ipod when I get one. Hey, I think they can teach this old dog new tricks.

We left Kara's Saturday morning and drove to Centerville to visit Peter and Ethleon. They are both close to 90 and experiencing some difficulty. They were so happy to see us. We only stayed a couple hours but it was a great visit. We promised them we would stop again in June when we're in the area.

My nephew's father-in-law died and was buried yesterday so they called to tell us where they were all gathering afterwards. The Irish have no corner on wakes with my German family. We arrived before 3 and it was 10 before we got to Karen and Ron's. It was a sad occasion but gave us the opportunity to see many people we see only at family reunions every two years. Rest in Peace, Kenny.

2 comments:

Rick and Brenda said...

It is neat that you heard from the illustrator.
You just never know who reads your blog.

Carol said...

How cool that the illustrator wrote you a note on your blog - see you never know who may be out there reading -

As far as "teaching an old dog new tricks" - did you write down how to "rip" the song? If you are anything like I am, if I don't write it down I forget how to do it - when watching them do whatever it looks so easy - Yeah, put me out there by myself and I'll show you just "how easy" it really is LOL!!!!

Glad you were able to see your family - even though the circumstances where not the best.

Safe travels home!