Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Day of Spring in Spring, TX - 44 degrees!

When you find Al Gore, smack him upside the head for me. Winter is never going to end this year. I was warmer in Michigan earlier in the month than I am right now. The wind is howling, the heat is on, what gives?

I had a date for a St. Patrick's Day dinner. Terry called and asked me to go to dinner with him (since Carol was in Indy and Ted was in Fort Worth) along with our friends Dave and Jody. I told him I was going to the club at 3:30 for Happy Hour and would meet him there. I arrived and he was on the balcony with Dave and Vince. I sat with all the girls in the bar as we normally do. Next thing the guys are eating sandwiches so Jody and I ordered a quesidilla to split. Around 7 we all decided we weren't hungry and everyone went home. I told Ted his brother was a lousy date and we all had some laughs over it.

Thursday was Wine Tasting at the club and we were invited by my friend Teri and a new fellow she is dating. Another widowed lady joined us as well as Terry, Dave and Jody. They serve about six different wines and little bitty portions of appetizers. They were very good but by the time the bill came I was having a hard time doing a simple math problem with the bill!

Friday night was Wind Down and I was about "wined" out. I had a glass or two then switched to iced tea. It's hard to eat appetizers on Friday in Lent unless it is shrimp, cheese dip or deviled eggs. I took the eggs and they were all eaten. But NO ONE brought a dessert. Chantal always makes one but it was at her house so she didn't need to make a dish. I was so disappointed because I love my desserts.

Yesterday we stayed home all day and went to church at 5. I put a tenderloin in the oven to start while we were in church and we ate at home then stayed in the rest of the evening.

Today we are supposed to drive to Stephen F. Austin State Park to visit with some of our camping friends but it is 39 degress and I'm not sure I want to go sit outside in this kind of weather.

I'll let you know what we decide next time.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Isn't it nice just to take time and sit back and not do anything!!! Those days seem to be few and far between. I understand what you are saying about the weather - it is snowing here today (not sticking on the ground though)! Boo!!!!