Monday, April 27, 2009

It Was and Wasn't Quiet

Much to Rebecca's relief, Roman and entourage had to leave to redo some facias that I said just wouldn't do. They were too different from the cabinet doors. So she was able to finish cleaning without dodging them or trying to keep clean what she had done.

Everything was torn up in the bathrooms but Ted wanted to take me out to dinner for our anniversary. We weren't supposed to turn the shower on because of humidity and the stain curing so I told him to just order a pizza. Instead we went to Luby's Cafeteria and luckily I didn't run into anyone I know!

On Saturday the work crew was back. Ted & Terry went downtown to pick up Connie at 12:30 and brought her out to The Woodlands. They stopped at Terry's new house first and then they all took her to the house that is for sale. Roman had two doors a quarter inch too wide and had to leave to fix them. I told him I was leaving for lunch and would let him know when I got back. Barely running a comb through my hair because all the drawers and cabinet contents were all over the countertops, I was picked up for lunch at the country club.

We dropped Terry & Carol off because they were going to church and to play bunco so we were taking Connie to the airport. Roman came back so I stayed and Ted took her and she got home safely. We spent the rest of the evening at home.

Sunday was church (one and a half hours long ... serious overtime!) and Ted went shooting and I went to the grocery. I was glad the weekend was over. I felt like we accomplished a lot and accomplished nothing. Today I got to put everything away and I cleaned the inside of all the drawers and cabinets in the bathrooms. It's raining again so we stayed in.

No comments: