Friday, April 25, 2008

Busy Week and A Visit to Brenham/Chappell Hill

Eileen and I played bunco on Monday. She was a sub but didn't win! However, another sub did. I told you they always win!!! I came home empty handed. Michele had a wonderful spread for us to enjoy. Then we took a tour of her garden - beautiful flowers, fruit trees, vegetable garden. I told her my three hanging baskets were jealous!

We had a gift card to Aqua Wash that Terry & Carol had given us after using our car at Christmas and we just got around to using it. It was for a complete inside and out detail so it took several hours. That kept Eileen and me close to home since I really don't like driving our big truck unless it's absolutely necessary.

I fixed tortillas for dinner and we watched Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor. Eileen doesn't follow these but we watched Big Brother for her so turnabout is fair play. We all had fun explaining what was going on and our thoughts on the different people.

Tuesday we were up and out early so Eileen could make her 10:30 a.m. flight. She called when she landed and had made it home to Orlando in under two hours. Her husband was picking her up and they were traveling on to West Palm Beach.

Wednesday we took off from here heading for Hempstead and the Legendary Oaks Country Club. We met our friends LeAnne and Jim there. The guys went golfing and I drove us to the new Houston Premium Outlet Mall. I knew it was on 290 but didn't know exactly where. I think I've figured out a back way from The Woodlands to get there. It was about 20 miles from Hempstead.

We shopped at Liz Claiborne, Coldwater Creek and Hanes for me. I know LeAnne bought things at Coldwater Creek. We had a light lunch at the food court because we were going out for dinner. I got two chicken strips that were terribly expensive but they were good. One would have been enough.

The guys came home, cleaned up and we went to Volare's Italian Restaurant. We tried to eat there last time but they were closed on the day we came. It was a great restaurant and Jim and LeAnne arranged for an "anniversary dessert" for us and then announced dinner was on them. We didn't expect that but it was so nice to have such good friends to share the day with and to be treated so kindly.

The next day the guys went golfing again and LeAnne took me all around Chappell Hill and Brenham. We stopped in the downtown shopping district. It is such a delightful small town and everyone talks to you. We ended up visiting with each shop owner. Tres Chic even offered us anything we wanted to drink from their coffee bar but we just took ice water. Renee also explained what went into a latte so if I ever order one, I know what I need to tell them.

We went back to the house about 2 p.m. and arrived 5 minutes before the guys. We left for home around 3 p.m. and stopped at Miss Kitty's in Magnolia for one of the best hamburgers and fries you can find. There really is a Miss Kitty and she was there in her cowgirl hat. Both she and the young waitress came over to make sure everything was to our liking. They got our condiments exactly right!

Tonight Terry & Carol are taking us to a new restaurant out on 105 in Conroe. It sits in front of the Creekwood Gun Club and used to be part of the club. It has been leased out and apparently is an upscale eatery now. They have been there and really wanted to take us. We are going to their house before 6 p.m. to pick them up. We'll probably have to fight the I-45 traffic but hopefully it won't be too bad.

No comments: