Thursday, November 1, 2018

Wet and Windy Halloween

Tuesday was a dermatologist appointment to take a look at all these things that are appearing here, there and everywhere.  She removed a large skin tag that just sprouted out of nowhere and was driving me crazy with jewelry getting caught on it.  Then there was a small sore on my arm that just wasn't healing.  It had developed a small cone shaped scab and eventually that fell off but it was still a sore.  She biopsied that, said it was deep and I will hear back from them.  If it is something, there will be follow up.  If not, I only need to return on an as needed basis.  Getting old sucks!

I dropped a package off at the post office and then went to the mall to check out slacks at Chico's.  They are moving to another location in the mall and neither was open and no date was indicated when it would be!  Bummer.

Ted attended his last skeet league night followed by a banquet so I had the remote all to myself!  He was very pleased to have won "Best Overall" and "First" in the Senior Class too.  Sort of takes the sting out of the Sporting Clay scores the previous week in San Antonio.  There were many class divisions in San Antonio because there were 2100 shooters so his second place in Seniors was actually a good showing.  

On Wednesday Irene wanted to return one of her rugs down near the upholsterer.  She asked if I would take her because the 8 ft rug would fit in my Expedition.  We drove in rain all the way down but caught a lull upon arrival and the rug was removed easily.  She exchanged the foyer rug that John picked out in red and gold for the royal blue and gray one.  John's choice just didn't match anything else we had chosen for the furniture upholstery.  Since we were in the area we met her old neighbor for lunch and then went to the Chico's nearby.  I ordered one pair of slacks but that was the only one of four colors I was looking for that was available.

We arrived home just before the downpours started in earnest.  Because it was All Saints Day, we attended Mass in the evening, we could hear the rain pounding on the roof.  Even with big umbrellas and with the wind blowing, it was impossible to get to the car without getting wet.  I wanted to go through a drive thru for dinner and take it home but Ted chose Denny's.  My jacket was soaked when I got inside.  I had breakfast for dinner and he had pot roast.  We both cleaned our plates!  

Not a single trick or treater was seen anywhere in our travels.  In 15 years we have not had a single one but the family neighborhoods can get around 200, but not this year.  I hope many went to the mall but I don't stay abreast of those types of things so I am not even sure if that was available.  I imagine there was much disappointment in the kitchens around town with Snow Whites and Darth Vaders all dressed up and no place to go.

I went to WW on Thursday for my monthly weigh in,  I was 2.6 lbs. below goal.  Better that than 2.6 above!  That would cost me money until I lost the excess.  I am good until December now for another weigh-in.  I get on my WW digital scale every morning so I can keep myself on the right path.

I returned and readied myself for the Great Government Lottery for tickets to the Arizona memorial in December.  They went on sale at 7:00 am Hawaii time (noon here) so both Bill and I were poised and ready.  I got through first and ordered 6 tickets with narrated headphones for the Sunday afternoon we leave Kona and fly back to Honolulu.  After one night there in the Embassy Suites we will move to Disney's timeshare resort Aluani for New Year's Eve and Day (2 nights).  Then head back home after 2  weeks in paradise.

I cleaned the entire house Friday while Ted hosted four Exxon Mobile groups having outings at the gun club.  I usually clean in segments but I went full court press this time.  It certainly needed it!

 The sore on my arm was squamous cell cancer.  I have to return to have it scraped and burned.  And Irene doesn't like how dark the rug is so we are going back - again - to exchange it.  

No comments: