Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Slow Week

Wednesday - Worked on Hawaii grocery lists, sent Ted for two $50 Walmart gift cards for Giving Tree at church, did laundry, helped Eileen find plane tickets for an upcoming trip, watched Survivor.  That leaves out the things you do everyday related to cooking and eating, making beds, paying bills, etc.  

I forgot to mention that Monday I bought a plane ticket to Cincinnati to attend a 60th wedding anniversary dinner for Karen and Ron.  Because we will be in the valley, I have to fly from McAllen to Houston to Cincinnati.  This will be in February so when Ted said to stay a few days if I wanted I told him no because it will be cold!  I will rent a car because I don't want anyone to have to make two trips to the airport in two days.  That gives me the freedom to visit someone else if a quick visit opportunity pops up.  I hope the weather cooperates!  

Thursday Ted took my car for an oil change and then went to shoot with John.  I stayed behind to work again on my Hawaii grocery list, send out the neighborhood ladies luncheon invitation, notify my BFF since 1951 that I will be in Cincinnati in February and made a lunch date, designed and ordered our Christmas cards and gathered and wrapped my gifts for the seniors, the luncheon, and a friend.  I guess you never really have an entire holiday season with no gifts to purchase.  

Friday Ted had to work an outing at the gun club.  I went to weigh in, 3 lbs. below goal, and then had lunch at Sweet Tomatoes by myself since I assumed Ted would eat lunch provided for shooters.  It was after 2:00 when I arrived home and Ted was there.  I had things done before I left so there wasn't much to do.  I paid some bills and that's about it.  It was warm and we turned the AC back on!

Saturday was church and dinner.  Irene stopped by to return our blow up bed she borrowed over Thanksgiving.  Sunday was football and hemming a pair of jeans and moving buttons on the sleeves of a blouse and not much else.  Slow week was an understatement for a title!!  

More going on next week!


No comments: