Thursday, November 15, 2018

Well That Was A Short Fall

Wednesday morning was right around freezing depending on your location, a little above and some a little below.  My begonias made it through the night.  We stayed home most of the day but then the sun came out and it warmed a bit so Ted took my car and his truck to be washed.  I did laundry

It was just at freezing Thursday morning.  The begonias are ok but you can see a bit of frostbite on some edges.  It warmed up so we took a walk twice around the neighborhood.  They are promising 70s again for next week but a terrific rainstorm on Wednsday just to keep Thanksgiving travel interesting!   They were predicting temps above freezing Friday morning and there was no frost and 40 degrees.


We are going to Irene and John's for Thanksgiving so we will be fine whatever the weather.  I am making sweet potatoes and cranberry salad and offered a pumpkin pie but she insisted she has it covered.  Our pies from last Thanksgiving that Kara and I made.


It was Ladies Shanghai cards day Thursday. I try to keep my recurring activities spaced out but with Thanksgiving coming they get moved around and I ended up with four in one week!  And I won again.  I got good cards and lots of wild cards that really helped.  My dime purse is overflowing and there are $5 and $1 bills in there too!

Ted got a haircut Friday while I waited for the furnace yearly inspection guy.  When I followed him up into the garage attic because he couldn't find the light switch, I saw evidence of some critter activity.  A blue bag was chewed to pieces and my Christmas garland had balls, bows and cones pulled off it, probably the glue holding them was eaten.  I called Ted and told him to stop for Decon!  We put it upstairs since we have no kids or pets to worry about.  

Ted received a gift card and this medal in the mail on Saturday.  It is for his third place finish in Seniors during the Sporting Clay Nationals.  


He watched football and I ironed my clothes for Hawaii.  I am pretty well ready with clothes because with these cooler temps, I won't be wearing those clothes here any time soon!

We went to church and then Spring Creek BBQ for dinner.  







No comments: