Monday, November 5, 2018

Fall is Flitting In and Out

The weather has been crazy.  Lots and lots of rain.  Temps in the 80s and then in the 60s.  I can't decide if I need the AC or the furnace!  And then we got the time change.  It is hard to stay on an even keel.  But my begonias look as good as ever.  They have been amazing.  Soon they will be replaced with pansies.

We watched lots of football on Saturday before going to church and dinner.  I attended a wedding shower on Sunday with about a dozen ladies from Forum.  We all showed up in flowered dresses with no consultation!  


Since it was at a yacht club in Kemah, five of us met up and rode together for the hour's drive.  That made coming and going lots of fun.  None of us were too familiar with just where we were but we could see the Kemah Boardwalk to the left when we turned right to reach the club.  It was almost dark when we arrived home because of the time change.  I brought Ted a bag of goodies from the candy/dessert table.  

Monday I readied all my bags of things for Texas Paralyzed Veterans and in the evening put them out on the porch.  While doing that I pulled together the shorts and capris that fit to start putting my Hawaii things together.  With a laundry in both condos there isn't as much need for too many clothes. Then I hit the office to order the wedding present and return the response card and sent a sympathy card to a relative of my son-in-law.  

Ted told me to renew our Haulin' Hitchhiker dues despite we now haul a Mobile Suite so I did that.  He went to the grocery, put gas in my car and made an appointment for a repair to my car seat.  The wrap around molded piece at the bottom has come loose and the seat isn't responding to my key or the button.  I know my next car will definitely have the seat response too because it takes me a long time to manually get everything set to drive after Ted and it is getting old quick!

I made taco soup for dinner and watched Dancing with the Stars.  There are several terrific dancers in the semi finals and two who must have big fan bases because they should have left long before some others.  

Talking about voting, Tuesday was Election Day.  I sent our ballots in awhile ago and was chastised on FB for using the mail because it costs $30 to process.  It is the difference between voting by mail or not voting because of our frequent absences.  Since $30 is about .001 of the total tax bill this household pays, I will continue in my wild ways.  

Irene and I made our fifth trip to the upholstery/rug area to return the second rug and get a third one.  We stopped at the carpeting place near home and picked out carpeting for the stairs based on the area rug we chose.  When we put it all together at her house it looked great.  I just hope she thinks so tomorrow.  

I talked to the flooring fellow about using wood for our DR, office and sitting area but Ted wants to go with carpeting again. It will be Spring though before we make the move.  We are still recovering from the bathroom chaos.  

When I arrived home we took my car to the Ford dealer.  It should be ready tomorrow since they have the parts.  I poked around the Explorer and Escape while there.  Again, I think this will be a spring project!

I guess we will watch Hallmark tonight since everything else is election results.  I have had enough!  Let the chips fall where they may.  


No comments: