Friday, November 9, 2018

Fall Is Here!

Wednesday morning we received a call from the Ford dealer that my car was ready.  The bill was half of what they estimated because they only needed one piece, not two.  Labor was cheaper and Ted had a 15% off service coupon he received in the mail.  My seat works again!!

I had no activities for the rest of the day because I couldn't plan on having my car.  But don't ask me what I did.  I don't remember, so obviously nothing Important. 

Thursday was overeating day.  My neighborhood ladies birthday lunch was at a nearby Mexican restaurant followed later in the day by dinner at a high end steak restaurant as guests of John and Irene to thank me for the time, gas and tolls during our three trips to downtown.  We would have been happy at Culver's but they chose the steakhouse, a favorite of ours but one we save for special occasions.  Ted had their famous pork chop and I chose the smallest filet which was plenty for me.  The food was outstanding.

We woke to rain on Friday and Ted's Exxon Mobil gun outing was canceled.  I had a follow up doctor appointment and lab work early in the day.  When I came home, Ted received a phone call saying the outing was back on.  So he went there and I went to the nail salon.  The temperature really dropped so we just stayed in that evening.

Saturday was still rainy and cold.  Once again, the outing was short pullers so Ted agreed to go but said he needed to leave for us to attend church.  He called on his way home, brought Subway sandwiches, but it was too rushed and we decided to attend Mass on Sunday.

We were playing cards at 7:00 but were invited to join everyone around the firepit at 6:00.  I stood up from the couch to leave and turned my ankle completely over and down I went.  I had a huge lump and we immediately put ice on it and stayed home until we needed to leave for the 7:00 card game.  It didn't hurt but was tender walking on it.  Jane put a stool under the table so I could keep it elevated and offered me an ice bag which I declined.  I had a pain pill with me just in case but never needed it.  I slept fine with no pain but minimal tenderness when I walked on it.  We decided I would stay home Sunday to keep it iced and elevated so Ted went to church alone.

And I won at cards.  There were some really high scores (that you don't want) but mine was the least of them.  Ted finished out of the money.

Monday was the day to play Canasta.  I ended up in the middle which is par for the course in this group.  The weather turned cold and it sprinkled off and on most of the day.  I canceled going to the Newcomers Happy Hour because being out in dark, cold, rain didn't sound too inviting.  It was a good night for a chili dinner.  

There were snow flurries when I left for the doctor Tuesday morning.  In November!  


My cancer spot was scraped (or something) and bandaged with instructions to pick up a script for an ointment and keep it bandaged.  I played a new card game Tuesday and came in 3rd out of six by just one point!  Not a bad start.  It was too cold to do anything but head for home but I needed to stop for my script. They said it wasn't ready but would have "them" in 15 minutes.  When I talked to Ted I found out why.

With my weight loss and 20 mg. of cholesterol medicine, my number was 131, with 10 mg. it was 138.  So we tried with no meds and it went to 226!!  The third time the doctor called, Ted told him he could talk to him about my results (HIPPA).  He ordered 10 mg. again and it seems that my high number is tied to my own liver production and not just my diet.  I am eating the same, have not gained anything in almost 3 months so we will see how this goes.  I was shocked and then disappointed but it is not a big deal to take one pill a day that only costs $1.66 for 90 pills.  

The sun is finally shining but it was 32 this morning.  Hope my Texas weather comes home soon!


No comments: