Monday, June 26, 2017

No Doctors This Week

Monday my PT fellow came and upped my rotations even more.  Then we went for a walk.  I was winded a bit when I got back but some of it is because I talk the whole time!  Ted had gone to shoot with Pete and immediately my phone started ringing.  

First up was Marge from Connecticut saying they had arrived home safely.  We talked about the happenings over the weekend at the reunion and other things.  Then my home phone rang so I hung up to get that.  It was my friend Esther who wanted to come for a visit about 6 pm and I said that was fine.  Then our friends Karen and Dave called from Michigan on my cell phone.  I talked to them for awhile and then the home phone rang again!  It was Esther again saying she was coming over right away!  

She arrived with a vase of beautiful roses for me.  We had a nice visit before she had to leave to accompany her husband to the doctor.  I was finally able to finish my morning chores after enjoying all my phones calls and her visit.

The phone was busy all day - Daughters Kara and Kristin and sister Karen all called too.  My ear needed a rest!

Other than that, nothing much happened.  We had dinner and watched TV before heading to bed.

I didn't sleep well Monday night and was awakened early Tuesday which made for a slow moving morning.  I thought the nurse was coming at 9:00 but she came at noon.  Once I got that word, I hopped in the shower and started my day.  Ted went shooting again and I started the laundry.  Eileen called when they got on the road to Nashville and Gail from Forum called to give me a pep talk on Eliquis which she has taken for two years.  

Diana came at noon and pronounced all my vitals perfect today.  We talked about our desire to leave once given the ok and worked out dates to be released.  I had done that with PT on Monday.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that all continues to go well.

Ted stopped at the grocery for a few things for lunch which we ate when he arrived home.  I had done 3 loads of laundry.  And then we napped!  

I slept better Tuesday night so my morning moved at a faster pace.  I did my PT with Vinnie then my morning routine after he left.  After lunch I dressed and went to Mah Jongg.  It was another slow set of games but the others are learning.  Ted grilled burgers for dinner and I used leftover hash browns and made potato pancakes.  We watched TV.  I am tired of reruns already!

Thursday was a lazy day while we waited for Isabelle to come.  It was very late in the day because she messed up and came Wednesday when I wasn't home instead of Thursday like she told me.  I guess we were third for the day for her and the crew.  It was 6:00 or after when they finished.  That made for a late dinner but we had nothing planned so that was okay. 

Gerre called and invited us to dinner on Friday even though we are going Saturday to a party of about 40 people at their house for a BBQ, swimming and fireworks.  We offered to just go out but she wants to clear out the refrigerator and freezer she said. 

Terry stopped by on Friday to have Ted help him again get his gun back together after cleaning.  There was a step he was missing.  We had lunch and I left for another new nail salon (!) near Gerre's.  Ted was coming up a couple of hours later and he was there when I arrived around 6:00. We had a great dinner of flat steak, loaded baked potatoes, corn and beans.  I had to turn down apple pie because I was so full.  We never did get around to going in the pool.  It was going on 11:00 when we got home.

I have to make my red, white and blue cheesecake salad to take back there today. We left our two beach bags there so we can swim in the afternoon.

Happy 4th of July weekend to all.  Thank you to our armed forces scattered throughout the world sacrificing to protect us.  I will leave you with Fr. Sebastian's frequent quote "God is good, all of the time.  All of the time, God is good."  

No comments: