Friday, June 16, 2017

More Doctors

Kara and Bill arrived Thursday evening right on time.  Friday was my biopsy in the morning.  Dr. LB said he didn't see anything that looked suspicious but we have to wait until next week to see the results.  It wasn't too bad a procedure but it certainly wasn't a picnic!  There was no bleeding issue which was our primary concern and that was a major relief.  I spent most of the day on the couch with my feet up.

Bill fixed our closet catches, cleared the bathroom drain, installed a new thermostat that I can control from an app on my phone, installed an outside remote on the garage door, checked our A/C lines to insure they are clear, cleaned out the dryer vent and installed a dimmer for Aunt Carol.  What a guy!

On Saturday Bill checked our 14 year old water heater and pronounced it ready to die!  When he and Ted removed it there was a lot of sediment in the bottom so his assessment was correct.  Because Bill is an HVAC contractor we got a really good deal on a new one and free installation.  Ted took a spill off the tailgate of the truck when unloading the new water heater but said he was okay.  I bet he is sore tomorrow.

Kara made a grape salad for Sunday and I set the dining room table.  Terry, Carol and Irene were coming over and seven people fit easier around that table.  While Kara worked on stuff for her job I did 3 loads of laundry.  Things are returning to normal.  

We went to church at 5:00 and then to the Mexican restaurant we had taken Kristin to before she left.  Everyone enjoyed their dinner and margaritas.  Ted is limping but you know he isn't going to admit his knee and hip hurt.  We will see what tomorrow brings.  

Ted and Bill decided to check out Academy Sunday morning.  While Kara sliced cucumbers and onions for a side dish, I put the beans together and upon his return, Ted readied his grill and burgers.  About 11:30 Sherida and John stopped by on their way home.  They had their two Yorkies with them who were taking great delight in being taken in and out into the yard.  After they left, Bill took a much deserved nap, Kara continued working on her job things and I put out the dishes we would need to serve snacks and dinner.

Ted told me I bought him a bucket of bullets for Father's Day while he was at Academy.  The girls had gone together and bought him a new scope he wanted.  All in all, a good present day for him.

Sighting in the new scope.

With Kara here to help, we had invited Irene, Terry and Carol back for the Memorial Day cookout that never happened!  With everyone pitching in it was not too much on anyone except maybe Kara.  She is a trooper.  Dinner turned out great and we all had a good visit.  It also gave us some leftovers for Monday's dinner.

Thr PT fellow came Monday morning and as soon as I was finished Kara and I took off for bunco.  It was my second outing that wasn't a doctor's appointment or church!  Everyone was very glad to see me and thought I looked great.  That little boost in self confidence helps a lot.  Linda moved from table to table each time and we were all delighted to see her effort.  She looked much better and only needed someone to carry her glass of water for her.  Everyone enjoyed meeting Kara.  She had a nice time too, a much needed break from work and taking care of us.  Ted and Bill had gone to the gun club and shot sporting clays so they had a nice time too.

Ted grilled chicken breasts and we used the leftovers to make a dinner meal.  Ted put the old water heater out next to the recycling can and it was gone the next morning before the recycling truck came so I suppose some "junk man" took it for scrap.  Either way, it was gone!

Kara was still working so Bill took us to Costco since we don't have a card and we allowed our Sam's card to lapse.  But the drinks I paid $16.66 for at Sam's were $24.99 there. I also tried to buy print cartridges but they didn't carry them. Since these are two things I always got at Sam's, I guess I will renew and not get a Costco card as planned.  

The visiting nurse came after lunch and checked me out.  She is very happy with the appearance of my leg.  It has returned to normal size and appearance and she did some pressing and pulse taking and pronounced it as doing very well.  It is impossible to determine the status of the DVT but the lack of swelling, heat, redness and pain are all good things.

A bit later, after Kara laundered the linens and remade the bed, we left for a late lunch/early dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, their favorite restaurant here that they don't have at home.  Then we dropped them off at the airport.  With a huge storm forming in the Gulf, it is good they are getting out this evening!

Now we wait for the biopsy results on Friday.

No comments: