Monday, January 28, 2013

Lost Day

On Saturday Ted went shooting and then we left about 2:00 for a late lunch/early dinner at Outback. We had a gift card from Terry & Carol to use. The Citrus Fiesta Parade was scheduled at 3:00 and would come right down the street we use to get to church. So after eating we went west of the street and made our way there. We knew parking would be doubly hard because parade watchers were parked too and we could see them all in their lawn chairs watching the parade.

Two young fellows were walking and we asked if they had a car parked and were leaving. One answered he lived around the corner and we could park at his house. So that is what we did and it was still there after church!

Fr. Roy was riding his horse in the parade along with the church float so the assistant Pastor said our Mass. He is Speedy Gonzales and we were out quickly.

We returned home and at 6:00 went to the ice cream social in the clubhouse followed by Card Bingo at 7:00. No winners at our table and another lady won twice but neither was the big pot.

On Sunday I woke up tossing my cookies and visiting the bathroom frequently. It didn't last long and I didn't feel all achy or lethargic so I think it was something I ate on Saturday. Since I only had a bowl of cereal at home, a steak and salad at Outback and the ice cream at the clubhouse I am blaming the salad, dressing or lemon in my water at the restaurant. I feel fine today but still am not hungry.

It was Souper Supper last night so Ted made tortellini soup and went to the clubhouse to meet the folks with the rest of the supper. He brought me a small lemon pie Karen had made for each one of us. I will eat it today I guess.

We have no specific plans for today but maybe the truck will be done and we can pick it up. Ted wants to put at least 500 miles on it before we head home. We will be going to South Padre Island next week while our company is here and that is at least 150 round trip so I doubt the 500 mile goal will be hard to reach.



No comments: