Saturday, September 12, 2009

Still Digging Out

Not too much going on this week. We finished up with the RV and had it put away by Tuesday at dinner time. When we told the office we were leaving Gwen said she would credit us for the second night. Campgrounds seldom give refunds and we certainly appreciated her gesture.

I went to the dermatologist on Wednesday and that evening we picked up Chris for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. She said all her friends who winter in Florida go to Sweet Tomatoes and she was anxious to go. Her grandson was injured in a motocross accident and she has come from Michigan to help out. She changed her plane ticket and is not going home until next week. I hope to see her again before then. She is doing very well since Bob's death. Her other daughter and her son both live in the same block with her in Michigan so she has lots to do with her grandkids so close.

On Thursday Ted drove to Austin for work and it gave me an opportunity to get all our paperwork filed where it belongs. I had almost four months of mail saved that needed attention and then all the Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Social Security stuff that needed new files. I'm down to one container of books from the RV to put back where they belong. And then I am taking on UPS for the damaged frame on the baptismal dress. Wish me luck on that one.

My niece Toni and I did a lot of searching on the internet for a Family Reunion 2011 venue. I think we've finally zeroed in on one in Pigeon Forge, TN. This is just north of Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mtns. National Park. The folks from Cincinnati love going to this area so it should be a popular selection.

Last night we joined Terry & Carol and Dave & Jody at the country club for salad and pasta bar. It was great spending some time with them and catching up. We have no other plans for the weekend except church and for Ted to shoot at some doings at the Houston Gun Club. I'm playing Hand & Foot (a card game) on Monday.

And so life goes on.

No comments: