Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Raining Again in Texas

All summer, everyone from home kept telling me to bring the cool air and rain home with me! Well I must have done just that because things are pleasant here and green. In fact, it is raining right now. Our sprinklers are covering better and we're ready for that new sod.

We had a great time at Wind Down on Friday night. There was quite a crowd and it was great to see everyone. Sharon and Mel were our hosts and have such a lovely home. We sat out around their pool for part of the evening.

Ted went shooting Saturday and I did a little clothes shopping. We went to church with Terry and Carol late in the afternoon. There was an "Arts in the Park" doings at Creekside Park so we went there for a little while afterwards. Then we decided to go to a new restaurant here in The Woodlands for dinner.

We ran into Susan & Vince and Connie & Jeff, who happened to run into each other there too, so they had dinner together. They were just finishing up eating when we arrived so we all had a nice visit waiting for our food to be served.

We spent a quiet Sunday watching the Sunday news shows in the morning and football, football, football the rest of the day!

Monday was my bunco group, the one that has been together since October 2001. I think we are down to three original members and everyone else has been added through the years. It remains a great group and the ebb and flow of friends is what makes it so much fun.

Afterwards I met Jody at the new home of another friend Ann. She has purchased an absolutely lovely home and wanted our opinions on decorating. Me! The blind leading the blind! But we had a great afternoon and I think overall we all came up with some great ideas. I then drove her to Gullo Ford to pick up her car and came home. I had been gone literally all day!

After dinner I watched the premiere of Dancing With The Stars and Ted watched, what else, football.

Today he leaves for Florida and will spend the night with Kristin. They'll go out to dinner together and have a nice visit. She has had changes at work and is very busy. I know she'll bounce a lot of stuff off Ted about the situation. I have a doctor's appointment this morning and then I'll have the next two days all to myself. Happy Hour is at the country club tomorrow night but that is the only plan I have made while Ted is gone. Stay tuned.

No comments: