Friday, September 18, 2009

Getting Back to Normal

We ran into Terry & Carol at church Saturday night and they invited us to join them at Rico's in the strip mall near church for dinner so we did. Anytime I don't have to cook is OK with me.

On Sunday Ted opted for Conroe to shoot versus Houston because the weather was threatening. He'll chance it at Conroe which isn't too far but to drive to Pearland south of Houston to get rained out would be a bit much. I just putzed around here. He brought frozen Skyline chli home from Kroger's so we had that for dinner. For the uninitiated, that is a plate of spaghetti with Skyline chili over it, topped with shredded cheese and served with oyster crackers. A Cincinnati favorite known as a 3-way!

Monday was Canasta day (not Hand & Foot) and I was doing really well going into the fourth round and was paired with a new member for that last round. After enmassing 18,500 points in three rounds, we only got 685 the fourth round. So much for winning! Our hostess Sharon is also a friend of mine from church. Her husband Tom worked at NASA and he told her to be sure I saw all his memorabilia in his office. I was most impressed with a shadowbox containing all his work badges from all the missions he worked on. He had lots of pictures of him sitting at the controls we all see on TV. My son-in-law Allen would be so interested in seeing these things.

Ted left for Austin again on Tuesday and didn't return until Thursday. I didn't do much while he was gone but did meet with the sprinkler guy who will be here on Monday to make adjustments and repairs to our system. Once he is done we will have a 10 x 10 area resodded.

Yesterday was our ladies neighborhood luncheon. I learned that my 75 year old neighbor who has been widowed since I've known her is marrying a gentleman from her church in November. Of course the whole luncheon club is invited to the wedding and reception! She is so excited.

After the luncheon I did my errands at the bank and drug store. I got my flu shot while I was there. Ted had arrived home and we spent a quiet evening at home and watched the premier of Survivor. There's a real jerk on there who said he is from Houston. He is giving us all a bad name. Hope he goes home quickly.

Tonight is Wind Down and we'll get a chance to see lots of our friends that we haven't seen since May. It should be a fun night.

No comments: