Thursday, May 7, 2009

Getting Ready to Roll

I've been wracking my brain trying to plan ahead for what we'll need to have with us while we're gone. We have some reservations made and I'll need that info. Computer passwords to attend to business on line is another needed item. There's estimated taxes due mid-June and a credit card will expire. The plates for my car will come due. Some of our prescriptions will be renewed. I'm just trying to make sure I have all the info or pieces of paper with me that I need. I have a Woodlands Country Club pouch that works really great for carrying all these things. If I start now I may have it all together by the 22nd.

It's been a quiet week. Ted went to Dallas for a couple days and is back until Sunday when he flies out again but will be back on Monday. I've had to fill my time up in his absence. I finished my book The Winner which was very good. On Tuesday I made my second appearance at Continental Breakfast. That's a total of two for the year. Afterwards I went to the mall and picked up a few new tops for the summer.

When I arrived home I had two messages. One from Ted saying he would be home at 7 pm and one from Terry inviting us to a Cinco de Mayo celebration at the East Course of the club. I'm glad I heard Ted's message first because I was able to thank Terry but beg off since Ted wasn't here and I didn't want to go without him.

Wednesday was Happy Hour at the Palmer clubhouse of the country club. Where we only had a few people the last two times, this time we had 16 or so. It was very slow service and we were there longer than usual waiting for everyone to get their checks to sign.

Tomorrow I am FINALLY having lunch with Sue Anne for her birthday - 2008 AND 2009. We just have schedules that don't mesh and we've tried for 15 months now. Let's hope nothing pops up to keep us from getting together. We'll meet here and leave once Rebecca gets finished cleaning.

Saturday we're playing Canasta at Sherida and John's house. It's been a while since we've played as a couple. We dropped out of this group and just became subs because we were gone so much so it's nice to be asked occasionally.

We have no plans for Mother's Day. With Ted catching a plane in the afternoon I'm sure we'll go out to breakfast after church somewhere and watching Amazing Race alone will be my highlight except for the phone calls I'll receive from the girls. I know what my present is and I'm anxious to see it. I'll share a picture of it with you once it arrives. It's very special.

No comments: