Monday, July 21, 2008

I Have No Pictures!

It's been a quiet week. Nothing else has broken and no new problems have appeared on the horizon.

I spent Wednesday putting away what I had brought home from the RV before we left it at Bailey's. Then I took care of a month's worth of mail. I figured I would have several things to follow up with but everything looked to be in order.

On Thursday Rick and Brenda were gone all day and I used the time to hit the nail salon. They didn't return until 9 p.m. so I didn't have them for any meal. My kind of company!

On Friday they headed to Memphis and we stopped in Lufkin to get the RV. We were pleased with the repair and were back at Rayford by 1 p.m. A whole group of friends were already there so it turned out to be a great weekend. Why? Again, no cooking!

Friday night we went to Casa Imperial, a great Mexican restaurant. Ted and I tried mojitos for the first time. Mine was wild berry and his was the classic mint. We both liked them and found them more refreshing than a margarita. There were 8 of us for dinner.

Saturday was a kick back and relax sort of day. The heat had everyone moving slowly except for Ted. He steamed the carpets and washed the rig. I traded in my dozen books at the exchange library in preparation for our Florida trip. We went to 6 o'clock Mass at St. Simon and Jude and met everyone at Pit Master BBQ for dinner. Bill and Ornell's daughter, son-in-law and grandson had joined us. The restaurant has a cooler with a rubber snake on a string and they always get new people to open it for a free sample. Bill and his grandson both jumped a mile and we had a good laugh. After the meal he told the waitress her tip was in that red cooler.

We gave in and fixed breakfast on Sunday. I made pancakes and Ornell cooked bacon. We had coffee and OJ with it and everyone was satisfied. We took our time getting ready to go. There was a lot to empty out since we had been gone 67 days. Try as I might, I always have a lot of food that needs to come home. And of course even though we have "camping" clothes that stay in the RV, they have to come home to be laundered before going back.

Today I changed the bedclothes in the guest room, balanced my checkbook and finished up the odds and ends. I'm due at a restaurant at 2 p.m. to meet some friends. I'm going to stop by Dr. Chang's and go to Chase Bank on my way. Ted had my car washed and filled up ($91!!) so I'm doing all my errands on one day.

Tomorrow is Ted's endoscopy. We have to leave at 6:30 a.m. to be there by 8:00. That means the procedure will be at 9:00. It is being done again at Baylor Clinic. I sure hope they don't have another water main break and cause this to be postponed like last time. Terry has offered to go with us but we didn't realize how early it was. We're going to ask if he wants to rethink his offer. Until tomorrow ...

No comments: