Sunday, October 27, 2019

The Astros Are Back!

Praise the Lord, our boys are back in business.  And might I mention my "boyfriend" Alex Bregman hit a grand slam home run.  He was struggling something fierce.  This should boost his confidence and help bring home a Series win.  And they will finish the series, one way or another, back in Houston.

Friday evening was theater night so I invited a widowed friend to be my plus one since Ted was still in San Antonio.  We met four others for dinner and then enjoyed a great performance of Lend Me A Tenor.  I knew nothing of it but it was a rousing comedy that had everyone laughing all evening.  It was a nice night out for both me and Laura.

I packed all my clothes for our trip.  Since it will be in the 50s and probably rainy I have a rain hat, poncho, warm hat, gloves, scarves, windbreaker, down jacket, raincoat, umbrellas and boots!  Then slacks and sweaters.  I didn’t pick this date but it is what it is!  I just hope the rain is minimal.

Saturday sent my head spinning.  First I received a Message asking us to consider going to Cancun with my sister’s family in May.  That sounded good if Ted agreed, and he did.  It is an adults only, all inclusive resort and we have a swim up room with a butler!  Then they asked us if we wanted to join them in Sanibel in September where they are renting a house and my brother may be at his Ft. Myers condo.  Then Gerre called to say Mike was going to send us info on a trip to the Holy Land in October.  We already committed to a Fall New England tour with Tom and Eileen and Ted wants to go to Michigan for my 75th birthday and Cece’s 1st birthday.  I have much to consider.

I went to church and out to eat with Terry and Carol and then came home to watch the awesome 4th game of the World Series!

I straightened up the small area of the house I can use and cleaned our bathroom good, did a load of laundry, ran to the grocery then put ribs in the oven for dinner when Ted arrived home. He got in about 3:00.  We ate dinner and he left for church before 6:00 since he didn’t have a chance after shooting and before leaving.  I had sent info on 3 local churches for 10:00, 10:30 and 10:45 but it was about 11 when he did his last competition so he just came home knowing he could go in the evening.

The rest of the week went down hill.  I started with a cold right after my flu shot and it eventually settled in my chest.  Monday we just dealt with all the stuff sitting around and Ted started getting his things together.  He called the carpet place and they confirmed our 10 am installation for Tuesday.

They had given us a 10-12 window so at 11:55 am while driving to the thrift store for a 2 hour shift, I called to ask what was up.  They called me back saying they were delayed due to weather!  There was no "weather" where I was so I confirmed 2:00.  The weather did hit our area later and we were all sent home when the ditches were filling, the bathroom floor was flooded and they were concerned we would all get stuck in a flooded parking lot.

At 2:00 I called again.  And 3:00!  They arrived at 3:30!  The amazing thing is despite already being one week late, I had to keep making the phone calls instead of them keeping ME the customer advised as if my time meant nothing!  The carpet and installation went fine but it was 8:30 before they finished.  The bad part was they emptied office drawers and shelves to minimize weight and just stacked it all over the place so we spent hours going through it all, disposing of what was no longer needed and organizing and filing what was.

By Wednesday morning I had most everything put back except for the china cabinet.  After returning from getting haircuts, Judy came over and together she cleaned the glass and mirrors in the china cabinet while I brought all the dishes and things from the kitchen table to the dining room table.  Finally, we got it all done.

Thursday I had a 6 month doctor appointment, blood work, a quick lunch by myself and then off to play cards and I won!  I had good cards every hand.  That hardly ever happens.  My Dime purse is full.

We went to Mass at 6:45 for All Saints Day.  We could have gone Friday but I really wanted a day of nothing on the agenda but then I remembered I had to get weighed.

Friday I had my “to do” list handy and took off to get weighed in. I was still under goal so I was happy about that.  I proceeded to Kohl’s to get Cuddle Duds for my trip.  Unfortunately I only bought the top.  I didn’t notice they had tops,  bottoms and sets.  I also found a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jean capris.  Regular price for both items was $82 and I only paid $28!  I can never quite figure out all their discounts at Kohl’s but I took it!

From there I went to Walmart for my two prescriptions.  I hit the donut hole so my Eliquis was $300+ and the first of the year I have a $365 deductible.  I have 3 months supply at home so I told them I wasn’t going to get the Eliquis and will come back after 1/1.  That should push me back a month or two and hopefully avoid the donut hole next year.  I thought it was going away!

I had a free birthday lunch card from Chick restaurant so I had lunch on them.  The last thing on my list was download two books to my Kindle so I did that as soon as I got home.

We leave late this afternoon for Ireland.  I hope the weather isn’t too bad.  But if it is, I am prepared!



     

No comments: