Friday, October 11, 2019

Oh Those Astros!

After church on Saturday we went through the Chik Fil A drive thru. I just wanted to go home and take it easy.  After Ted went shooting on Sunday we saw the movie Judy, the story of Judy Garland’s last days.  What a terrible childhood she had (in flashbacks) and her decline into pills and booze at the end. She was only 47 when she died. So sad!  We hardly ever go to the movies and recently have gone twice.

I met Irene Monday at a local carpet store and brought home four samples and we picked one out.  They agreed to come measure on Tuesday which they did. He said he would call me with an actual amount. 

I played cards on Tuesday and guess what? I did not win. Ted had an eye doctor appointment to check his pressure and all is good.

We had our neighbor birthday luncheon on Thursday and 11 were in attendance. With our lunch we had cupcakes, cards and candies supplied by Jeanette and I brought everyone a milk chocolate Dove bar because it is my Birthday month.

While there, the rug guy called and his price had gone from $2400 to $4000!  And he paid no attention to what I said about when this could be done so I told him to just forget it.

After lunch I went to another smaller store with twice the rating as the other establishment. I brought home 8 samples, chose one, set up a time to measure and was given a price more in the $2000 range. If that holds and they can do it all in my timeframe, it will be a go!

So another birthday week for us is in the books. Ted enjoyed his group at Perry’s, we had a good time at the country club as guests of Terry and Carol and my ladies luncheon was a lot of fun.







No comments: