Sunday, October 20, 2019

And the Astros Are Going to the World Series!

On Tuesday a second fellow came to measure for my carpeting.  After the first one said my $2200 estimate went to $4000 and it could be done the first week in November when I told him it was by 10/30 or it wasn’t going to happen, I chucked that store.

I went to an Independent who was much better to deal with.  The new carpeting goes in this Thursday for $1900.  Now the fun of emptying the bookcases, china cabinet and all the stuff sitting on top begins.  I am not sure where to go with all of it!

Wednesday was our Newcomers luncheon.  They had a program on safety but it was too long.  They tried to squeeze too much in.  It is a shame our society has come to this but my biggest takeaway was  if you are ever in an active shooter situation, when help arrives come out with your hands empty and up.  They don’t know who is who and you may even get handcuffed.  Deal with it.  They are as anxious as you so you want to minimize their stress.  I hope to never have to use that info!

I met Gerre for our birthday lunch on Thursday. They are a day apart so we just go out together and pay our own bill.  Otherwise we would have to go out twice!   We spent 2.5 hours at Outback Steakhouse catching up.  From there I went to sign the contract for the carpeting installation.

I had a few plans for Friday, none of which happened because of not feeling well and car trouble.  Judy was to drive us to the upholsterer but her car wouldn’t start and had to be towed.  I was coming down with a cold and wasn’t much up to driving into Houston.  I could also have gone to a Forum meeting at the new offices but that didn’t happen either.

By Saturday I was really under the weather.  I didn’t do much of anything but I did start emptying stuff for the upcoming furniture move for the carpet.  I would do a little then rest.  Ted was helping so we got the sitting room bookcases all emptied and tops of things cleared.  I didn’t go to church with him and he came home right after bringing dinner that I couldn’t taste anyway.

It is Sunday and Ted is already gone to San Antonio to shoot in the National Sporting Clays tournaments.  My brother Dan and Sue have arrived from Ohio and he will meet up with them.  I hadn’t planned to go anyway so getting sick didn’t change any plans.  I only have a cold and even though I feel crappy there is no reason for him to miss the biggest outing of the year.  I have plenty of time to finish up unloading and I can stack stuff all over the place because “the bull” has left the china shop!  By the time he returns, all will be back where it belongs.



No comments: