Thursday, October 3, 2019

Welcome October

It is fall.  In Texas that is just like summer ... but with pumpkins!

I cleaned the furniture and things on the deck and had the same black cleaning rags as I get with the front door!  Then I put out my fall/orange/Halloween decorations and bought mums for the wheelbarrow in the side yard.  I am not a big decorator, just a few things here and there.

Tuesday I worked at the Thrift Shop.  Only three of us were there and frankly I think we got more accomplished than when we have more workers.  Of course by the time new donations come in, the bins refill so the next day’s crew had plenty to work on I’m sure.

I mentioned a possible big dental bill recently but we determined my partial apparently was not seated correctly and after suffering one day, the next morning after removing, cleaning and reinserting it, I was fine.  The dentist said my bridge was getting loose, they cleaned and xrayed my teeth and sent me on my way,  Then Monday when I removed it, my bridge came with it.  Now the dentist could see what was going on underneath and determine a course of action.
They gave me an appointment for first thing Wednesday morning.  After xraying the anchor teeth for the bridge, the condition of the bridge, etc., he determined it could be re-cemented in with the caveat that there was no guarantee about how long it would last.  So that’s what he did.  So far, so good!
We both got haircuts in the afternoon and had dinner at an old establishment, Mel’s.  It is the place Enron whistleblower Sharon Watson met with Barbara Walters for an interview.  Not a place the media would think to look!

After almost a year’s absence I attended the Continental Breakfast hosted by Newcomers.  I am making a concerted effort to attend what I can while home.  It is just a matter of putting things on the calendar, signing up, or making a reservation, if necessary.  It was a wonderful event, held in a gorgeous home, decorated to the nines!  Fabulous food too though I ate just a few bites of each thing.
Then it was a lazy afternoon.  Getting all dressed up and then home by noon sort of throws my "starter" off.

We received word that Ally was going to the hospital but in the end was sent home.  Today is my 74th birthday and just maybe little Cece Acosta will be my second best birthday gift ever, behind my engagement ring for my 18th birthday! Without that ring, none of the "rest of the story" would be playing out.

Friday was a long day.  I cleaned the whole house except for our bathroom which I promised myself I would do on Saturday.  Ally was to be induced at 3:00 when she was due to check back into the hospital.  I watched the clock from 3:00 on and finally got ready to attend a birthday get together for me at the country club, compliments of Terry and Carol.  We were joined by five other friends.  There were gifts and cards with a gorgeous cake for me and Jack who had a birthday recently.
It got later and later but not much progress was being made at the hospital.  A sonogram revealed the cord over the cervix beneath the babies head.  The decision was to do a C section before the waters broke which would put more pressure on the placenta.  We left for home and almost immediately got the news that she was being prepped for surgery.  It seemed to me to take a long time but at 10:20 she was successfully delivered.  What a relief and now we have the same birthday!

Here are our cards, flowers and balloons in celebration of our birthdays!  And two of Cecilia Kade Acosta, known as Cece!










No comments: