Thursday, October 24, 2019

Well This Week Is Going Down Hill

Monday Irene and I decided to go to the Premium Outlets to Chico’s with me driving.  Somewhere that morning I got Katy Mill Mall in my head and drove all the way to there before I realized what I had done.  It is twice as far away as the other mall.  Irene kept saying "this doesn’t look right."  We had a good laugh, turned around and headed to the right mall!  It had rained hard all night and into the morning but the sun came out, the temperature was fine and we both did a good bit of shopping.  We stopped for a quick lunch in between.

Judy couldn’t go downtown on Tuesday so I was home and we made that trip on Wednesday.  Irene gave us the address for the upholsterer but it was a digit off and it took us a few minutes to figure out where the shop was.  Good thing I had been there several times with her so I knew some landmarks!

Albert was a great help in explaining to Judy how he would rebuild the back cushion and told us 8 yards of fabric.  We went across the street to the fabric store and eventually chose a fabric.  I thought one color "Gold" looked better with her valance material but she was really drawn to the other "Taupe." To me the Taupe looked winter white and grey while the Gold looked beige and pale gold.  She sent her husband a picture and he chose the Gold too.  Once she got home with the samples she wrote we had chosen the right color with the Gold!  Good thing too because that was what we purchased and carried back across the street to Albert’s shop.  We ate at Panera’s and I came home and took a nap, something I seldom do.

By Thursday I had EVERYTHING out of the sitting area, office and dining room.  I mean EVERYTHING.  The second couch, coffee table, in front of the fireplace, kitchen table, sideboard, queen bed and dresser in the guest room are covered with stuff from the china cabinet, bookcases, table tops, etc.  Only my couch and the double recliner were empty for sitting to do anything!  I was expecting them between 10 and 12.  I wanted this done while Ted was gone and before we left for Ireland.

A little before 10 they called to say the carpeting was not in when they went to pick it up!  How does a factory, delivery service or end user not follow the transit of things?  I am not sure what to believe but she said it was still in production in Dalton GA and they could probably install 11/8! Even if I went in and picked out something else that was in stock, it still had to come from Dalton, GA.  I called Irene and she told me to tell them to just proceed and when it arrived she would come over and oversee the installation AND put all my dishes away.  So I was busy writing instructions to help Irene when about 3:00 I got a call that they can do it Tuesday, 10/29.  Hmmm!  I am supposed to work 12-2  so Ted will have to stay here.  Since he won’t be home until Sunday afternoon, his having to live in this clutter will be minimal.  I hope he appreciates all the work and aggravation I saved him from!

I am not even going to mention the Astros!  Someone from outer space must have kidnapped our team and left these look alikes here to replace them.  I turned them off last night!

No comments: