Saturday, April 6, 2019

Weekend Before We Head Out Again

Saturday was quiet.  Ted went to Sam’s and I did laundry.  I also made reservations in Williamstown KY, Celina OH and Leonard, MI.  I am awaiting for a return call from the Cincinnati park.  We went to church and then to Joe’s for dinner since we missed last week before the play.

Sunday was a bit better.  Ted had to work a father/daughter shoot at the club and I met Irene to shop for a blue chair.  We never found one but we did get some blue and white jars for her new decor, a slip for me for under my Easter dress, had lunch and did not get to see Unplanned because it was sold out!

I started a pot of chili before Ted got home and he finished it up for our dinner.  Not a real exciting weekend but we will gear up to head out this week.

Monday Ted called Jim in Cincinnati and confirmed our two weeks reservation in Cincinnati so our plans through the end of July are in place!  Not sure where we will go when we finish up in Shipshewana, IN.  That’s the beauty of being retired with an RV.

Tuesday I had an appointment with my hematologist who released me back to my primary doctor.  He said Dr. C can order the blood tests and prescribe the Eliquis and he will only want to see me if I develop pain, swelling, bruising or scheduled surgery.  I anticipate sort of the same thing from the cardiologist in June.  One more ultrasound for confirmation the old DVT is done for and I should be good to go from there too!  Hooray!

From there I went to play Shanghai.  The night before Irene agreed to play cards because the group was a person short.  We stop in the middle to eat lunch and then finish up.  I came in third.  Irene was second.  From there we went to do a little shopping before going to see Unplanned.  We talked of going to dinner afterward but ended up buying huge boxes of popcorn and drinks.  This was my first time in a movie recliner with a tray and drink holder!  Nice!

We both “enjoyed” the movie but of course we found the subject disturbing.  Irene is going to our church Thursday night to see Gosnell where it is being presented for free.  She has asked others to attend with her.

Wednesday we loaded up the trailer again.  I tried to pack only what I needed for this short trip, unlike going away for 2-3 months.  While I was doing that, Ted took the trailer to the campground.  Once he was set up I brought the food and clothes over with his help.  We had bought a new valve for the toilet hoping someone in Ingram could get down and replace it since no water was coming in.  There isn’t much room to work down there so Ted was delighted when Camperland Mobile techs were installing an AC next door to us.  The guy came over and for $20 we were back in business.



No comments: